Speedster sighting, well, not really!

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
charles kourmpates

Speedster sighting, well, not really!

#1 Post by charles kourmpates »

Wellsley, Mass., Speedster sighting!

As I said, not really. In fact, the car wasn't even a Porsche. Bummer!

But, the owner of this fine Speedster Replica, was a joy to talk to.

Shinny Black like art deco glass, with a great tan interior. Impressive, even for a replica. Reminded me of the little jewel I have sitting on jack stands 21" off the ground, the infamous talking Convertible "D", or the last of the six.

Thank God for Antique Shows, and the wife, or I never would have made the town of Wellesley.

Or meet up with Don Buchholtz, the owner of the Speedster Replica, and as I said, one heck of a nice guy.

His Speedster, is available for rent! That's right, available for rent. Please visit:

www.classiccarsandbyways.com

Don, you probably won't see this blurb because your active with PCA, but because you're such a charming guy, I thought I'd give you a plug.

Good luck with your Speedster R and your new business.

Charles

Thomas Canty
356 Fan

#2 Post by Thomas Canty »

Last edited by Thomas Canty on Tue May 04, 2010 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don Buchholtz
356 Fan

Actually, I did read your post

#3 Post by Don Buchholtz »

You're right -- it's unlikely that I would have seen your post because I wasn't previously a subscriber, but...

Turns out another reader took you up on your notice and went to my website (www.classiccarsandbyways.com). There, at the time, he found a short market survey we were conducting. He completed it, entered the drawing for a free ride and WON!

Philip, from Brunswick Maine, let me know about your message -- thanks very much, and thanks especially for the kind words!

Philip had a great time with the Speedster, despite getting caught in one of this summer's many torrential downpours -- all part of the experience!

Our site is now launched and we're hopeful that lots of folks will have fun taking the Speedster out for a special birthday, anniversary, wedding or just plain to have fun!