Knoxville as a retirement area?

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Deborah King
356 Fan

Knoxville as a retirement area?

#1 Post by Deborah King »

We're on the road again, just like Willie. We're considering various cities for retirement potential, and the current candidate is Knoxville. I think there are some 356ers in the area. Can anyone chime in with a run down of the city and suburbs--warts and all? Drove through the area around Tellico yesterday.
Deborah King

'64 SC Sunroof Coupe

Also, resident MINI Cooper lover :-)

Ed Broadhead
356 Fan

Knoxville

#2 Post by Ed Broadhead »

We can't tell you much about Knoxville, but there are some very nice Porsche roads in the area including The Tail of The Dragon and the Smoky Mountain National Park. Did them both on the way to the Parade in Charlotte.

Ed & Nancy

:D

Deborah King
356 Fan

#3 Post by Deborah King »

Yes, we'll do the Dragon on the way back, as well as the Blue Ridge Parkway and possibly the Cherahola Skyway. We drove Skyline drive on the way up--slow but pretty. Smoky Mountains park is very slow--drove it a few years ago.

But what about living in Knoxville--anyone? Or can anyone at least tell me who lives in the area?
Deborah King

'64 SC Sunroof Coupe

Also, resident MINI Cooper lover :-)

Tim Herman
356 Fan

#4 Post by Tim Herman »

Come a bit further East into NC. You will be glad you did. Beautiful, much less traffic, great 356 roads....and I have a great home for you in the lovely little city of Sylva NC.

Oh yes .......Congratulations to your lovely daughter!!!
Tim Herman #2197
www.carreramotorsport.com

Ed Cave
356 Fan

#5 Post by Ed Cave »

What better way to see Western North Carolina than to participate in the 2008 Carolina Trophy! (and I agree, this is not that far away but a much better choice than Knoxville) My wife and I entered last year for the first time and really enjoyed the people, the roads and the cars. Porsche is the most represented marque with several 356's and a few Early 911's. Go to www.carolinatrophy.com or contact me offline for more information.

I have nothing to do with recruiting for this outstanding event, just really enjoyed it and encourage others to do so as well.
Ed Cave
 Member No. 10615

1958 Porsche 356A Sunroof Coupe
1998 Porsche Carrera S
2014 Porsche 911/50 - Coming in the fall of 2013