356 trailer project

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Rafik Dous
Classifieds Moderator

356 trailer project

#1 Post by Rafik Dous »

Anyone made one or know of one created already? Pictures?
I am considering creating one. I have a complete T5 front clip which I will use if I proceed with the project

Thomas Canty
356 Fan

#2 Post by Thomas Canty »

Last edited by Thomas Canty on Tue May 04, 2010 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rich Behrends
356 Fan

#3 Post by Rich Behrends »

Thomas Canty wrote:Hot intended as a hi-jack, so please delete this if it is one, but . . .

I would never waste such a nice front clip on a trailer. After seeing your post, I got to thinking what else might be done with that spare clip. A little Photoshop work (VERY little, so excuse the rough cut lines and lack of color blending) and this result.

It would sort of be an "Alternate Porsche History" notchback. Made at a point on Alternate Earth when Porsche and VW were contemplating a joint venture; in a place and time when the 914 never happened.

Kind of a neat drive-around car, certainly a big source of conversation, and a way better end for a stray front clip.

Maybe?

TC
I agree with you about being to nice to use as a trailer, but you and me are in the same
sitution, in need of a T5 front clip. Nice job of photoshop. I have no idea how to use photoshop. If I did would like to see a slantnose 356.
Rich Behrends
lurking since March 09

Jim Nelson
356 Fan

#4 Post by Jim Nelson »

[quote="Thomas Canty"]Hot intended as a hi-jack, so please delete this if it is one, but . . .

I would never waste such a nice front clip on a trailer. After seeing your post, I got to thinking what else might be done with that spare clip. A little Photoshop work (VERY little, so excuse the rough cut lines and lack of color blending) and this result.

It would sort of be an "Alternate Porsche History" notchback. Made at a point on Alternate Earth when Porsche and VW were contemplating a joint venture; in a place and time when the 914 never happened.

Kind of a neat drive-around car, certainly a big source of conversation, and a way better end for a stray front clip.

Maybe?

You know, that looks surprisingly good....

Rafik Dous
Classifieds Moderator

#5 Post by Rafik Dous »

356 Ghia, now that's different.
If not a trailer, the front could be used for this

John Bulmer
356 Fan

#6 Post by John Bulmer »

Thomas

That's cool. If they don't exist now, I wonder if your idea will set the light bulbs off in some heads around the room.

jb
John Bulmer
Alberta, CANADA

Thomas Tisthammer
356 Fan

Re: 356 trailer project

#7 Post by Thomas Tisthammer »

You Aussies have real pucker power! This forum has sorely needed a sense of humor....
tat

Rafik Dous wrote:Anyone made one or know of one created already? Pictures?
I am considering creating one. I have a complete T5 front clip which I will use if I proceed with the project