Shipping truck

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Roy Smalley
356 Fan

Shipping truck

#1 Post by Roy Smalley »

Back in January there was a post by Frank Carraro on shipping via freight and using Freightquote.com for quotes from various freight companies, and from Dave MItchell on the use of Yellow Freight "Exact Express".

I have used Yellow several times to ship transmissions back and forth to Vic. Tuesday I called for a pick up of two trannies on a pallet at Vic's. I called tonight and they are at the Dallas Terminal for my pickup tomorrow. The cost each way was $387.

You have to ask for an Exact Express quote (have weight, dimensions and both addresses), and be sure to put Exact Express and the quote number on the shipping document.

I am going to confirm exactly the damage/loss insurance coverage tomorrow.

This is a hard price to beat and so far, service without the customary hassle....and fast.
 Roy Smalley
Texas

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#2 Post by Adam Wright »

I have been having Con-Way pick up a lot of engines recently. I didn't set them up, the buyers did, but they have said how easy it is to use and the prices are great.

Also, my shop is in a mostly residential area, but I did not get any flack from Con-Way about sending a straight truck, not a tractor trailer.

Something to think about.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.