Hello

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Jeff Tanko
356 Fan

Hello

#1 Post by Jeff Tanko »

Hi all. I'm new to the forum, and I figure I should introduce myself. I work at Regal Roadsters in Madison, WI building street rods and restoring old cars(www.regaltbird.com). I go by Bugman Jeff on the Samba, and just Bugman on most other forums. We're currently restoring Speedster 80486 to concourse condition. I'm very familiar with VWs, but this is my first Porsche. It had been "restored" atleast once in it's life, and painted twice, so it wasn't all that original when we got it. I've already learned a whole lot about these early cars, but I still have hundreds of questions to ask(mostly specific detail stuff that only experts like you guys can provide). I'll try to get some progress pics posted. Have a nice day :)
www.regaltbird.com Speedster #80486: restoration complete :)

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan
Tag: Drive 'Em!

#2 Post by Mark Pribanic »

Jeff,
Looking forward to the pics. A couple of questions....What color was the Speedster when you guys got it in the shop? What color is it going to be painted after restoration? What is the original color?

Thanks!
Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617
Florida Owners Group Trustee - 2008-2010
Neptune Beach, Florida USA
Instagram: Mark.Pribanic

Jeff Tanko
356 Fan

#3 Post by Jeff Tanko »

It was bright yellow when we got it. The original color was 603 White, and thats the color it will be when done. The only difference is that we're using a base/clear system instead of single stage. We are also, at the customer's request, using tan leather for the interior instead of the original black.
www.regaltbird.com Speedster #80486: restoration complete :)