Look at this Patina !

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Brian Tourville
356 Fan

AVON CALLING !

#31 Post by Brian Tourville »

'Tupperware Party'

"The 906 replaced the boxed steel structure of the 904 which used the fiberglass body for extra structural strength with a tubular space frame and unstressed fiberglass body.

The fiberglass itself was laid up by hand, producing consistent results, instead of the uneven spraying technique used on the 904.

It first ran that August after a three-week start-to-finish gestation period.

The Ollon-Villars 906 car so called named for it's Ollon-Villars tube frame was important because it is generally considered to be the progenitor for the first of a new generation Porsche prototypes, the 906."

In order to save money, spare suspensions produced in advance for a possible new series of Porsche 904 had to be used for the 906, along with big 15 inch wheels.

Yet, Formula One used lighter 13 inch wheels, and Porsche had already used Team Lotus suspension parts in earlier years. ~www.porschesport.com

Seems the PORSCHE Factory utilizes 'Tupperware' in their Racing Program .. hand laid Fiberglass sheets instead of 'Chopper Gun' spray once popular in small Boat Mfg.

Team Lotus suspension parts .. And.......a non_PORSCHE tube frame by some guys named Ollon & Villars .. :!:

.. Pedigree be Damned .. 8)

Brian
milnersXcoupe
new york

Steve Proctor
356 Fan

Rat Rod

#32 Post by Steve Proctor »

Some time ago I stumbled upon this car outside its house just beyond the Hillcrest neighborhood in San Diego. Stopped and talked with the owner, a VW / 356 guy who was working on his VW van in the garage. Nice guy. I had forgotten his name, inquired on this list and received a PM with his name.

He said he had been demeaned by some of the shiny car guys and was not a big fan of the Registry as I recall...

STP
STP
Steve Proctor
Member Since 1977
VIN 84757

Mark Hjelm
356 Fan

#33 Post by Mark Hjelm »

Hey! my tupperware VW/ Speedster won first place at the VW Classic show in Irvine. Special interest catagory. It was the red one next to "patina"
Mark Hjelm

Will Pierson
356 Fan

#34 Post by Will Pierson »

Congratulations on your win. I am entering my Intermeccanica in the "Unwashed " category Sunday at Dana Point. :wink: