Saved eBay ads

Share progress on your 356 related project or full restoration with others!
Emil Wojcik
356 Fan

Re: Saved eBay ads

#16 Post by Emil Wojcik »

If you give me the seller's ebay name and the approximate date of sale I will be able to find the item page if it's still in ebay's system.
Emil Wojcik
'64 356C Euro coupe
'78 MGB
'86 Jaguar XJ6 Series 3
'94 MB E420

Martin Bruechle
356 Fan

#17 Post by Martin Bruechle »

With the sellers name then search feedback or your eBay name then you could search history in the feedback. Then click on view item and it will pop up.

Emil Wojcik
356 Fan

#18 Post by Emil Wojcik »

Martin Bruechle wrote:With the sellers name then search feedback or your eBay name then you could search history in the feedback. Then click on view item and it will pop up.
Checking 'completed items' is even easier if I had the seller's ebay name. Completed items should still be in the system if it was from August. Robert, do you know his ebay name?
Emil Wojcik
'64 356C Euro coupe
'78 MGB
'86 Jaguar XJ6 Series 3
'94 MB E420

Sebastian Gaeta
356 Fan

#19 Post by Sebastian Gaeta »

Emil Wojcik wrote:
Martin Bruechle wrote:With the sellers name then search feedback or your eBay name then you could search history in the feedback. Then click on view item and it will pop up.
Checking 'completed items' is even easier if I had the seller's ebay name. Completed items should still be in the system if it was from August. Robert, do you know his ebay name?

It won't be in completed items if the auction was ended early. The only way to find the listing is if someone has it saved in their watch list (as he has asked for) or from the seller who will have it in their history.
Sebastian Gaeta
www.arbormotion.com

Registry #8339

'65 C coupe
'64 C cab

-------
2014 Boxster 981
2005 997 C2 Cab
1967 Karmann Ghia Convertible
1966 VW Single Cab
1966 Ducati Cafe Racer
1964 Karmann Ghia Coupe
1963 Beetle

Doug McDonnell
356 Fan

#20 Post by Doug McDonnell »

Here is the complete seller statement from the ad. "This amazing 1960 Porsche 356s belonged to my grandfather since new. How many opportunities do you think you will have to purchase a 1 owner 1960 matching number Porsche 356s again. Now here is a little information on this car, about 10 years ago my grandfather decided to do a ground up restoration to his love which was this 356 Porsche. They have over 15k spent alone on full overhaul of the matching number motor. I believe the transmission was overhauled also and i believe is the original also. Before the car was painted it was completely stripped down and over 15k was spent on the paint and is only the first paint job it has received since coming off the line. It comes complete with all parts and ready to be put back together and enjoyed. A lot of things were not restored on the vehicle like steering wheel,dash and instrument panel for the fact it does have 51k miles and my grandfather felt some things needed to be left original on the car. I am not a professional by any means on how to describe a vehicle like this but, I am aware of the rarity and the history of this 356s and I think that makes it a spectacular purchase. Please call me if anymore information is needed or pictures at 5122840644"
1965 356C 2000 BMW 740i Sport 1967 Honda CL77 There is never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over.

Doug McDonnell
356 Fan

#21 Post by Doug McDonnell »

I have no idea if this link will work for you to see the original ad. I went into my eBay folder of questions asked and was able to find the original ad by going to a question I had asked the seller. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1960-Porsche-3 ... 663.l10137
1965 356C 2000 BMW 740i Sport 1967 Honda CL77 There is never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over.

Doug McDonnell
356 Fan

#22 Post by Doug McDonnell »

It looks like the link works. Print it off so you have a hard copy Robert. I do that on everything I buy no matter if eBay,TheSamba,Registry Classified etc.I know that you can print the original ad because I just did it.

Sebastian Gaeta
356 Fan

#23 Post by Sebastian Gaeta »

Doug McDonnell wrote:I have no idea if this link will work for you to see the original ad. I went into my eBay folder of questions asked and was able to find the original ad by going to a question I had asked the seller. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1960-Porsche-3 ... 663.l10137

Nice work Doug! Looks like the seller is not holding up his end of the deal as described in the ad (“it comes complete with all parts”). I hope Robert is able to become whole on this deal.
Sebastian Gaeta
www.arbormotion.com

Registry #8339

'65 C coupe
'64 C cab

-------
2014 Boxster 981
2005 997 C2 Cab
1967 Karmann Ghia Convertible
1966 VW Single Cab
1966 Ducati Cafe Racer
1964 Karmann Ghia Coupe
1963 Beetle

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#24 Post by Adam Wright »

Sebastian Gaeta wrote:
Robert A. Olmedo wrote:I'm in contact with him weekly. And he lives in OR. The Car was purchased in Aug.

Then again, since he is willing to concede something if you can "prove it" ask him to send you a link to the ad. It is still in his eBay sales history; doesn't matter if he ended the auction early, it is in there and he has access to it.

That should settle everything for you once and for all.
I think there will be a hurdle after this hurdle. He is asking the buyer to prove he owes him parts, they are several states removed and my guess would be there are no extra parts, so you're just hoping the seller has a conscience and will write a check. He won't. If he was going to do that he would have owned up to his failure of holding up his end of the deal. He has the money, doesn't have to ever see the buyer, and can just let this float away. If the car was bought in August, this is now a cold deal, and the seller has moved on. The fact that he is still giving the buyer lip service is probably hoping the buyer gets mad, and he can claim offense and never speak to him again, or some other drama. But my guess is there is no parts, there will be no returned money, but it looks like you got a pretty good car, focus on that.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Wes Bender
356 Fan

#25 Post by Wes Bender »

I think you are presuming the worst, Adam (and that indeed might turn out to be the case), but if Robert is still in touch with the seller it would be a good idea to keep things civil for as long as possible. Maybe the seller is having trouble accessing the missing items. I would hope that that is the case.

Unless the missing parts were sold earlier, which isn't likely given the contribution to value that they represent, they should still be available.

We're all hoping for a satisfactory ending to the situation.
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.....

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#26 Post by Adam Wright »

Wes Bender wrote:I think you are presuming the worst, Adam (and that indeed might turn out to be the case), but if Robert is still in touch with the seller it would be a good idea to keep things civil for as long as possible. Maybe the seller is having trouble accessing the missing items. I would hope that that is the case.

Unless the missing parts were sold earlier, which isn't likely given the contribution to value that they represent, they should still be available.

We're all hoping for a satisfactory ending to the situation.
My guess would be the seller thought there were more parts, and there aren't, but he isn't quite prepared to reach into his wallet to make the deal whole. Like I said, if I was in this case I would make plans to move on and start on my car, if you push it too long it's going to haunt you on the car, casting a shadow on the restoration. Hard feelings fester, remember the thread from a few weeks ago, where the guy was mad 18 years later.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Robert A. Olmedo
356 Fan

#27 Post by Robert A. Olmedo »

Yeah !!! I found the ad. I had it printed.