356 for the Memory of my Father

Share progress on your 356 related project or full restoration with others!
Eric Marshall Green
356 Fan

Re: 356 for the Memory of my Father

#46 Post by Eric Marshall Green »

prig | priɡ |
noun
a self-righteously moralistic person who behaves as if superior to others.

You guys, I guess, just don't understand Down East humor. I notice the Pre-A guys seem cool and friendly enough.
I'd rather drive a plastic junker than be a prig.

Sean M Rooks
356 Fan
Tag: '64 C Coupe

#47 Post by Sean M Rooks »

Guy comes in, posts a very nice replica worthy of praise, insults owners of the real cars and their cars, members retaliate, new guy calls them prigs.

And I thought I had a prickly demeanor.

+1 Doug.

Eric Marshall Green
356 Fan

#48 Post by Eric Marshall Green »

Sean, I did not insult actual real 356 Porsches (which I love obviously), I merely stated that I had no more interest in owning another one and listed the reasons. I think of the social media as a place to joke around and goof around, and YES I am fully aware I was being a tad confrontational, but also curious of reaction, not that I do not believe in what I was saying, I do, but I could've stated it more subtlety if so inclined.

I'm involved with some of the top 356 guys on the planet, and they warned me 356 owners had changed. These are the guys who restore the pebble beach cars, etc., 550s, rare Ferraris, etc. I could care less about having my car praised, but I was curious about a reaction.

That I certainly received, but it seems my feelings do not matter at all. It is fine to piss all over a "plastic piece of junk," but the hallowed ground of the sacred restored 356 must not be touched. I'm proud of what I've created, and delighted I finally earned enough money to implement my dream for the memory of my father.

I find this an interesting comparison:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 7.50.34 AM.jpg

Phil Planck
356 Fan

#49 Post by Phil Planck »

I think of the social media as a place to joke around and goof around, and YES I am fully aware I was being a tad confrontational,", you wrote.

I did not know that the 356 projects was social media. I would like to see your C of A.

Somewhere in the www I am sure you will find the proper place to opiniate and tell your story. A great tribute to your father.
Phil Planck

Eric Marshall Green
356 Fan

#50 Post by Eric Marshall Green »

Phil, what is a C of A?

Eric Marshall Green
356 Fan

#51 Post by Eric Marshall Green »

Phil, I have an over 600 page blog http://quantumrun356.com/ and Animal Media is making a documentary. I posted the trailer link somewhere.

Eric Marshall Green
356 Fan

#52 Post by Eric Marshall Green »

When people react strongly to a simple personal opinion, the reason is usually that there is a lot of truth in it they don't like or want to accept.

Eric Marshall Green
356 Fan

#53 Post by Eric Marshall Green »

This is true stone gray (grey).
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 2.55.53 PM.png

Jules Dielen
356 Fan

#54 Post by Jules Dielen »

Thank you for posting that picture of a correct stone gray convertible D. I have printed it and will give it to my painter. I will start shortly on the disassembly of my D. I also placed a call to the owner of the original paint stone gray A coupe we matched our color to. The factory got his color all wrong so he should repaint his as well based on your picture. I readily admit i do not know much about colors, but comparing a picture of a car inside a dealership showroom to a picture of a car outside in the shade may be a bit of a stretch to some. To use your 'artist' terminology, does a Rembrandt look the same in a museum as it does sitting outside in the sun?

Moving on now. Did you know not a single convertible D was painted stone gray from the factory and your dad's '52 was not a 1500S but a 1500N? It was fish silver gray, same as my '52. it was actually completed only a few weeks after mine but I digress.

Can you please give me your professional opinion on my 52's color as well, I would like to make sure it is correct. Too much yellow maybe?

I have room to disassemble two cars at once should the color on the 52 also not be correct.

Please, who on the registry called your replica a piece of junk? I read and re-read the saga multiple times and am having trouble finding that part. Only you did, twice actually.
Attachments
20180101_101549 (002).jpg
Jules

Water pumps are for windshield washers only.

Eric Marshall Green
356 Fan

#55 Post by Eric Marshall Green »

Jules, should at least be better than baby vomit yellow. Though an authentic Porsche color, never a favorite.

Eric Marshall Green
356 Fan

#56 Post by Eric Marshall Green »

LOVE the color of your 1952. PLEASE do not touch. Rembrant approves!

Eric Marshall Green
356 Fan

#57 Post by Eric Marshall Green »

More stone gray!

Every Elvis Fan cannot be wrong!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 8.42.57 PM.png

Jules Dielen
356 Fan

#58 Post by Jules Dielen »

Thank you so much for approving my 52, whew. I was starting to get worried that i did not have any real Porsches in my garage! I am glad we finally have some real Porsche content in this discussion! And while i love the color on my 52, it has a few shades too much blue in it for being correct for fish silver gray, but now that you approved i will tell everyone it is correct because you said so. I appreciate it.

You never answered my questions about the inside / outside differences in paintings. Colors tend to do odd things in the sun/ shade, my friend's jade green '56 sometimes looks dark green, sometimes light green, or an odd shade of greenish blue depending on what time of day it is and what angle you look at it.

I am also still waiting for the quote on where someone other than you called your car a piece of junk. I'll be quiet until you post that.

(his name is Rembrandt)
Jules

Water pumps are for windshield washers only.

Jim Clement
356 Fan
Tag: 1957 356 A Coupe

#59 Post by Jim Clement »

he has a great set of pictures of the build, mostly from the Intermeccanica web site.
I have been on a tour of the plant .. Henry does an amazing job of making them look good.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/65579473@ ... 534456114/

www.intermeccanica.com

Eric Marshall Green
356 Fan

#60 Post by Eric Marshall Green »

Jules, color changes in every light and with everything it is next to. The only way to see it is to surround it by white. Taket a white piece of paper, make a thumb sized whole, place it against fender, look and photograph. This will be reasonably close. Of course computer screens vary as well. I've had mine optically calibrated, which makes things look natural on my screen. Then I send an image and it looks terrible on someone else's.

All jokes aside, would LOVE to see many more pictures of your 1952.