'The Sinner' 1956 T1 356A Coupe Resurrection

Share progress on your 356 related project or full restoration with others!
Dinesh Rodrigo
356 Fan

'The Sinner' 1956 T1 356A Coupe Resurrection

#1 Post by Dinesh Rodrigo »

Hi all,

I thought i'd finally get around to sharing my 8 year project so far, of a pretty far gone 356A 1300S that has seen it all, and that we are bringing back from the dead in Melbourne, Australia.

Original thread is found here for background;
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/off-topi ... -ebay.html

My name is Dino, and I hail from sunny/not so sunny Melbourne, Australia and I am the current owner of 'The Sinner' '56 356A that was sold by 'Hugheseum' on Ebay back in 2011.

The car originally came from the Emory parts yard and was stripped and destined for scrap, but was bought by another fellow from Gary Emory, who was then forced to sell it to Hugheseam, who listed it on ebay.

The Ebay auction was won by another fella in Melbourne Australia by the name of Rod, who shipped the car to Melbourne and decided to store it for a while on his rural property. Through word of mouth, a friend of mine who knew Rod, mentioned to me that there was a sad 356A that would be for sale soon, and if I was interested, could get it at a reasonable price. At the time a T1 Beehive coupe was a bucket list car, so I agreed to go see the car, and upon seeing it, a price was agreed on, and I bought it in 2013.

Fast forward to 2019 and the car is now undergoing a full rotisserie bare metal restoration, and will be return to its former glory of Aquamarine Blue Metallic exterior with red leatherette interior. I'm no stranger to modifying restoring cars, and ensure that I will do it justice.

As originally listed on ebay:

Eric McKinley
356 Fan

Re: 'The Sinner' 1956 T1 356A Coupe Resurrection

#2 Post by Eric McKinley »

Look forward to following your restoration Dinesh.

Dinesh Rodrigo
356 Fan

Re: 'The Sinner' 1956 T1 356A Coupe Resurrection

#3 Post by Dinesh Rodrigo »

Thanks Eric.

For those who want to skip ahead, I have an account on Instagram just for this project only - @the_sinner356

:)