Newbie needs help

Share progress on your 356 related project or full restoration with others!
Tim Costa
356 Fan

Newbie needs help

#1 Post by Tim Costa »

About 6 weeks ago I came across a "barn Find" 356B while away on vacation. After many phone calls I finally found out that the car was to be auctioned off to settle an estate. I ended up winning that auction and now have the car in my possession. The car had a restoration started many years ago and has been stored inside ever since. The paint was stripped off and the entire interior has been removed aside from the gauges. The glass is still in the doors and the only big things that are missing are the front seats and the front windshield. The car has what looks to be a 1600cc VW engine. The entire drivetrain is intact as well as the suspension. After a lot of sole searching I'm not sure I'm up to the task of bringing this little car back to life. I have tons of pictures that I'll be uploading to a Photobucket account and when I do I'll add the link. Until then I'd love some input from the pros on this forum.

Thanks,
Tim
Attachments
20160813_111512.jpg

Vic Skirmants
Registry Hall of Fame

Re: Newbie needs help

#2 Post by Vic Skirmants »

Hi Tim,
Welcome. What input are you looking for?

Tim Costa
356 Fan

#3 Post by Tim Costa »

Thanks. I guess I'm looking for insight on whether I should actually try and tackle this project. Here's a link to lots of pictures of the car. Let me know what you think.

http://s1146.photobucket.com/user/tdady ... t=3&page=1

ray nelson
356 Fan

#4 Post by ray nelson »

Tim
I hate to be a downer on this but after looking at the photos I think even the pros would walk away on this one. You're looking at thousands of dollars and thousands of hours just to get it driveable. Very sad little car.
It would have to be a labor of love and become a bottomless pit for money.
Sorry, Ray