A good find

Share progress on your 356 related project or full restoration with others!
Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

A good find

#1 Post by Adam Wright »

This was a fun one.

www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Henry Garazo
356 Fan

#2 Post by Henry Garazo »

I see you're getting ready to jump start it with that battery in the foreground................;)
Henry Garazo

'58 Speedster 1600S #84084
'68 911L/"S" spec
'70 911T/2.7
'87 Carrera

Bill Simmeth
356 Fan

#3 Post by Bill Simmeth »

Okay... there's got to be a story there! So... ??
Bill Simmeth
Virginia Piedmont
Registry # 19506
1958 A 104252

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#4 Post by Adam Wright »

The pictures are a little mis-leading, the shed in mine. So these pics are not how I found the car. This B Cab was my first open car. A quest that proved that who goes around comes around.
At the time I was not hunting for 356s, I was running a magazine in New York City. All I had to buy an open car was $5000. Needless to say, I was laughed at by most. So I started sending leads to dealers when I would hear about a car, trying to build up some goodwill. Some took the leads and probably still laughed, but one did not. Ric from Rusty Tubs called me one day and said he found my cab, and I could have it for $5000. Doing favors does pay off.
The really funny thing was one well known dealer laughed at me one time during all this and said he had not found a cab for $5000 in 10 years. I called him when I took delivery of this one and said, "You may not have found a $5000 cab, but Adam did!"
Within a year of finding this I started doing more and more 356 stuff, the addiction was in full swing at this point, while the magazine was doing worse and worse. I stumbled across a Roadster, and sold this car to a dealer in Italy. I then sold that Roadster when I found a better Roadster, then found yet a better Roadster after that, which now sits in my garage #88775, where it will never leave. The quest for a great open car is finished. I will be driving this car to the ECH in Lancaster, PA, since my coupe is still mid-restoration.
You asked for a story.....
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Bill Simmeth
356 Fan

#5 Post by Bill Simmeth »

Adam Wright wrote:You asked for a story.....
...And a good one it is! 8) Thanks.
Bill Simmeth
Virginia Piedmont
Registry # 19506
1958 A 104252