WCSTA -19- 63 212827

Share progress on your 356 related project or full restoration with others!
john carssow
356 Fan

WCSTA -19- 63 212827

#1 Post by john carssow »

1st I want to say thanks to Bernard Oresti for the help on locating parts for car and the 356 enlightenment.. I've saved a 66 split window bus that was rough and knew better than tackle another car that was (returning back to the earth), but after locating this 356 and three trips and numerous hours of can it be done? & How are we going to get it out of here? I pulled the trigger and the farmer cleared the needed trees and devised a tilt tow trailer to get it to the road where we transferred her over our trailer. I know she's been picked but when when you want something bad enough... I think I need to find a Girlfriend that knows how to weld! John
Attachments
Located a hood and engine cover from Retro Automotive Products, thanks guys!
Located a hood and engine cover from Retro Automotive Products, thanks guys!
Dave will be building a vintage rack following the roof contour, now he will have a 356 roof template as well...
Dave will be building a vintage rack following the roof contour, now he will have a 356 roof template as well...
Going on the blue dolly in May to clean and perform minor reinforcement, then transfer to frame machine downstream.. Dave at "Nice Racks" will be doing the metal replacement..
Going on the blue dolly in May to clean and perform minor reinforcement, then transfer to frame machine downstream.. Dave at "Nice Racks" will be doing the metal replacement..
Parts from Bernard have arrived..
Parts from Bernard have arrived..
On the trailer now with Doors from E.A.S.Y, (Had to see how far off the door openings were).
On the trailer now with Doors from E.A.S.Y, (Had to see how far off the door openings were).
After clearing all the leaves and dirt away
After clearing all the leaves and dirt away
WP_20140811_013.jpg
WP_20140809_002a.jpg
356B.jpg
camouflaged !
camouflaged !
Last edited by john carssow on Sat May 02, 2015 7:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.

neil blaber
356 Fan

Re: WCSTA 63 212827

#2 Post by neil blaber »

i have 212096, they look pretty similar too!

good luck john and have fun :)
Last edited by neil blaber on Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
instagram - neilblaber

Marc Jordan
356 Fan

#3 Post by Marc Jordan »

Wow, I know my Porsche is basically complete and think it would cost about $40,000 to restore it. Are you really going to restore it? Have you finished any similar projects? Think you couldn't even buy the parts without spending way more than the car would be worth. How much do you figure it will cost to fix it? Looks like it would cost at least a $100,000.

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#4 Post by Adam Wright »

I sold 212096 to Neil and it was about the same, he is making great progress on it.
I grabbed another close cousin yesterday, 212422, they're still out there!
Attachments
noluck.JPG
pump.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Marc Jordan
356 Fan

Re: WCSTA -19- 63 212827

#5 Post by Marc Jordan »

Congratulations John. Looks like Stoddard has chosen you as the winner. Guess it is just a formality now.Can't imagine anyone finding anything worse and seriously considering fixing it up unless someone finds a door or a bumper and tries to build a car out of it.

Mark Sabbann
356 Fan

#6 Post by Mark Sabbann »

Marc Jordan wrote:Congratulations John. Looks like Stoddard has chosen you as the winner.
Not so fast... Stoddards website says: Stoddard NLA will then pick the top three candidates for the prize. On May 8th, 2015, the 356 Registry Members will vote for the overall winner from these final three. The voting will be open from May 8th through May 31st and the winner will be announced in early June.
Mark Sabbann
1964 SC Coupe 'Essy'
1965 C Coupe 'The Yellow Delicious'

Per Schroeder
356 Fan

#7 Post by Per Schroeder »

Mark S is absolutely correct….while this car is certainly in the running, it's not over…we've got plenty of excellent candidates and excellent stories--and that's what makes this Porsche group so awesome. Thanks guys!

Per
Per Schroeder
Stoddard
LA Lit Meet Organizer

Glen Hamner, Jr
356 Fan
Tag: '63 S/R project, '80 911SC, '11 Cayenne

#8 Post by Glen Hamner, Jr »

A cannibalized hulk would never be my choice for restoration. Such a project would mean all of its needed fitments would never be part of an original whole. For many outlaws, that would be the norm. However, with the propensity for this group to cherish the as-it-left-the-factory-condition, I don't suspect a Frankenstein project would ever become a winning vote gatherer. However, if the temperament of the voter population happens to fall to those with the most persistence in their veins, due to the phase of the moon during the vote, this donor tub of Johns has a viable chance of seeing the road under its skin once again.

neil blaber
356 Fan

#9 Post by neil blaber »

john! i will be following along :)
Last edited by neil blaber on Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
instagram - neilblaber

Bernard Oresti
356 Fan

#10 Post by Bernard Oresti »

John contacted me regarding my add for door parts, after some e-mail and phone talk he sent me a picture . I thought OMG is this guy Ambitious or Crazy and here is a Stoddard Contenda' . We talked and I suggested to him this car should need to be put on a factory Jig and was he aware of the Stoddard contest . I also told him I knew of a friend with a right nose partial fender and would see what else I could find for him. I look at our group as more of a fraternity with a common love of these cars and all that goes along with them[ I was a member the 1st time around 1980] and feel we should help fellow members. Will he be upside down in the project at the end probably-absolutely, but it will be interesting to watch the progress he sounds very determined. Ambitious /Crazy probably a little of both, but in a good way keep the faith.