Outlawed 356C

Share progress on your 356 related project or full restoration with others!
David Maxwell
356 Fan

Outlawed 356C

#1 Post by David Maxwell »

I'm a new 356 owner that recently picked up a mildly-outlawed 356C. The car came to me in a non-standard (though very pretty) ice blue (sort of a Healey blue, for those familiar with that shade), a non-matching engine with a 1722cc kit, and matching 4.5" Fuchs wheels. Since taking possession of the car, I've upgraded to 12v electrics, added some Nurburgring seats (http://www.classiccarseats.com/nurburgring-seats.php) in black leather with houndstooth inserts, and switched the interior color from blue to black. Mechanically I had the transaxle rebuilt using a Willhoit short shift kit and coupler, added a new steering damper and weltmeister front sway bar, added some dampers from Wevo, and am in the process of installing crank fire ignition from Electromotive. Body mods include removing both bumpers, adding Talbot side mirrors, removing the rear reflectors, and filling in the bumper dimples on the rear quarters and the antenna hole. I also added some bracing to the front and rear valances to prevent shake. I've got one more trick to add, but I'll save that report until it's done. More pics will follow in a few months when everything is done, but this is what she looks like at the moment.
Attachments
FullSizeRender.jpg

Matthew Devereux
356 Fan

Re: Outlawed 356C

#2 Post by Matthew Devereux »

Sharp looking car!
Matthew Devereux
'00 Boxster S
'58 356A coupe