Da Spoodster!

Share progress on your 356 related project or full restoration with others!
Norm Miller
356 Fan
Tag: Official curmudgeon

Re: Da Spoodster!

#61 Post by Norm Miller »

Adam,

I had the same problem Friday night a very misguided Bambie's mother ran into my GMC.

What hit you? A republican mascot?

Norm

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#62 Post by Adam Wright »

Bob, it will come out, but only with some wrench turning and panel beating, oh and I will probably had some large sledges swinging.
Norm,
It was technically my fault, I was making a left, but I suspect the other driver was going very very fast because I looked, no one was there and went and someone was there. The cop didn't ticket me, so I suspect he thought so too.
The good news is unlike Porsche parts, repro parts for a chevy are cheap $500 for everything, including bulbs for the headlights. So hopefully a week from now it will be a new truck and I can use my limited expertise working on Porsche's, not my truck.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#63 Post by Adam Wright »

Ok, setup has been taken care of, truck is fixed, almost, but good enough for now, so I can jump back on something I actually enjoy working on. One thing that was fun about fixing a truck that has a couple of million brother and sister trucks on the road, THE CHEAP REPRO PARTS. New front end set me back about $500, including lights! Wish Porsche's were that cheap.

But back to Da Spoodster in the morning.
Attachments
poortruck3.jpg
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Vic Skirmants
Registry Hall of Fame

#64 Post by Vic Skirmants »

So are you finally finished with the venison?

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#65 Post by Adam Wright »

Vic-
That was the last truck, this time I hit a poor college student driving too fast in her car after going to the gym.

If you look closely you can see bits of fur in the bodywork.

Also, that is more Big John's way of hunting, his motto is,
"From the grill, to the grill!"
Attachments
deer-truck.jpg
www.unobtanium-inc.com

ryan base
356 Fan

#66 Post by ryan base »

hi adam just checking your thread to see how your doing. you were cooking along there for a while on your fenders and door tops. the dash looked nice. when i looked again at the pics of the tub and the flares then the slotted mag.it reminded me of the meistro and the time he bought the "magnificent creation" and when he weighed the the mags they were 44 lbs each. in one of the issues is a picture of that roadster and it had flares like the spoodsters. keep up the pace. it's so strange how tastes change. flares used to be popular and people went to a lot of trouble to have them.

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#67 Post by Adam Wright »

Ryan-
Things have been so busy with deals that the poor Spoodster has been collecting dust, but I am hoping to get back on it late Feb/early March. I have to tackle the new rear end next. Stay tuned.
This is what has been keeping me busy.
Attachments
panotruckshot.jpg
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Jim Phillips
356 Fan

#68 Post by Jim Phillips »

Adam: da Spoodster has to be the same car that was for sale a few years ago in Fountain Inn, SC. I have several pictures I can send from then, if interested. I chuckled at the boat windshield as a finsihing touch.
Attachments
DSCN6325.JPG
DSCN6326.JPG

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#69 Post by Adam Wright »

That's the one!!!! Please post any picture you have, would love to see them.
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#70 Post by Adam Wright »

Ok, it was 70 degrees today so I opened up all the doors on the shop, let the breeze cruise in, and starting cutting the arse off Da Spoodster, the last piece on bondo-bomb body work is now history, looks closely at the pics at the thickness of the plastic, it is un-real.

Now what the rear is off I can start with the new skin, which is a Notchback rear with a Speedster center section, that will be a fun puzzle, but with a budget of "spend nothing" I am going to do as Tim Gunn says, "Make it work!"
Attachments
rear2.jpg
rear3.jpg
rear4.jpg
rear5.jpg
rear20.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#71 Post by Adam Wright »

And a few more...
Attachments
rear8.jpg
rear7.jpg
rear6.jpg
rear1.jpg
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Chuck Olenyk
356 Fan

#72 Post by Chuck Olenyk »

The jig is up, Adam! We now know you're really working on Porsche's long anticipated return to Indy racing aren't you!
Attachments
Indy.jpg
Chuck Olenyk
1957  356A  "Outlaw"

"Friend Me" on Facebook

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#73 Post by Adam Wright »

Chuck-
You got me! The Unobtanium Skunk Werks un-masked, but I am still masked.
Attachments
rear21.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#74 Post by Adam Wright »

Finally, enough is enough, I turned my phone off today and said,
"I am working on my car today!!!!"

Wasn't very exciting, just cutting up the near rear end so I can graft it on the car, ran out of time, but it felt good to be making some progress. Now that I am working a five day week again and we slow down in the winter, I am hoping to devote some more Friday's, maybe even every Friday.

Oh, and please everyone, wear the full face shield, I learned the hard way and got a piece of metal slamming me in the tooth, I was wearing safety glasses, but they don't help the rest of your face.
Attachments
spood44.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Vic Skirmants
Registry Hall of Fame

#75 Post by Vic Skirmants »

Good idea; even one small slice of time, regularly, will accomplish much.
Have fun.