Member Cars Section-- Feedback

Share progress on your 356 related project or full restoration with others!
Paul Hatfield
356 Registry Member

#1 Post by Paul Hatfield »

I deeply appreciate the effort that has gone into the new website. That being said, I want to politely say I am disappointed in the Members Car Section. Before we had photos of the cars, and stories. Well written stories were with the pictures, and the pictures were not small thumbnails, but good sized photos. Just giving my feedback, but scanning through groups of thumbnail pictures without much write up doesn't measure up to what was in place on the Registry website. Frankly, for me, it is not even interesting.
As I look though the posts in the Photo Gallery Section, I wonder how many members even bother looking through it on occasion. Can they even find the Members Car Gallery??
How do others feel about this????? I often am in the minority on things anyway, so perhaps everyone is happy with the change, and I am just not appreciating the progress made with the new format.
I hope not to offend anyone with this feedback, but I just had to comment on this.
As once said by another member,,,, now I will crawl back under my rock
Paul :wink:
Paul Hatfield
"Miss April"
http://www.enginesinback.com

Emil Wojcik
356 Fan

#2 Post by Emil Wojcik »

I agree, although I'm reluctant to say so since I really do appreciate all the work that has gone into the new forum - I don't want to sound ungrateful for all of that work.

When I first went to post my info and photos into the new Album, I added lots of text describing the history of my car and what I've done to it over the years. But when I uploaded it to the forum and took a look it was obvious that it just wasn't going to work. Although I don't mind the small thumbnail photos since you can click on them to enlarge them if you want, I do miss being able to read more about the cars. I think if an area for a story could be added it would be a benefit. Of course I'm not the one donating my time to this effort, so I do accept whatever the list people so generously will give us.
Emil Wojcik
'64 356C Euro coupe
'78 MGB
'86 Jaguar XJ6 Series 3
'94 MB E420

Pat Daily
356 Fan

#3 Post by Pat Daily »

Ditto to both of the above. I tried to put a photo story together of the Pfiefhoffer Porsche Museum together for the members photo album and it was not easy to do, couldn't make the order of photos work and couldn't find a way to put a narrative down for each photo. I know it is a lot to ask, but please find a way to keep the old members car section alive.
Pat Daily
Midlothian, VA
356B coupe (121123 aka "Fast Frieda") 

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan
Tag: Drive 'Em!

#4 Post by Mark Pribanic »

Pat Daily wrote: I tried to put a photo story together of the Pfiefhoffer Porsche Museum together for the members photo album and it was not easy to do, couldn't make the order of photos work and couldn't find a way to put a narrative down for each photo.

Pat,
I created my own thread for a Florida Owners Group event. I posted pics with narratives in the thread. I think this may be an alternative for your Pfiefhoffer Porsche Museum event.

See the link below for the thread I created during the beta test phase. It has pics and a narrative. It was quite easy to do....

http://356registry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35

Let me know if you have any questions on how to do so or if you need any help.

KTF

Mark
Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617
Florida Owners Group Trustee - 2008-2010
Neptune Beach, Florida USA
Instagram: Mark.Pribanic

Pat Daily
356 Fan

#5 Post by Pat Daily »

Mark

I think you are right--that is an easier way to do it. I still like the members car gallery on the Registry website too. Someday, I will try the Pfiefhoffer visit again like you did your FOG event..
Pat Daily
Midlothian, VA
356B coupe (121123 aka "Fast Frieda") 

Emil Wojcik
356 Fan

#6 Post by Emil Wojcik »

Mark, Thanks for posting your link. What you did worked well for showing photos along with test but your thread will get lost over time into the background, just mixed in with all the other threads. I think what is missing is one place that you can go to view everyone’s stories about their cars.
Emil Wojcik
'64 356C Euro coupe
'78 MGB
'86 Jaguar XJ6 Series 3
'94 MB E420

#7 Post by Guest »

I agree Paul - the member's car section is a great, you get nice photos and a little story on the car, its previous owners and a little bit on its history.
Plus, it is nicely structured.

If the member gallery is like an online album, it is indeed a lot less enjoyable to flick through.

But these two are not mutually exclusive, and thoughts to "kill" the member car section on the 356reg site should be reconsidered as it would be a loss to the site's value for members.

Me voicing my opinion should not be understood as misunderstanding the efforts put in by those running the site - I really DO appreciate the site and particularly the forum (which I think is an addition of great value!).

Just my €3.56

Martin

Paul Hatfield
356 Registry Member

#8 Post by Paul Hatfield »

...................."and thoughts to "kill" the member car section on the 356reg site should be reconsidered........"

Martin- It is already gone.

Paul
Paul Hatfield
"Miss April"
http://www.enginesinback.com

#9 Post by Guest »

Paul Hatfield wrote:...................."and thoughts to "kill" the member car section on the 356reg site should be reconsidered........"

Martin- It is already gone.

Paul
Well Paul, I just saw it. What a pitty.

Martin