55 Coupe project

Share progress on your 356 related project or full restoration with others!
ryan base
356 Fan

Re: 55 Coupe project

#211 Post by ryan base »

hi steve finished reading your thread tonight. what a success. your courage and confidence shined through your narrative. every thing did not always go perfect but you gave that patient effort to bring it to that sweat finish. thanks for sharing your project. 25 years but a winner in the end

Vincent Gillespie
356 Fan

#212 Post by Vincent Gillespie »

Hello Steve, for some stupid reason I have never looked at this section of the Forum and I have just finished reading it. The posts are superb, your attention to detail is quite phenomenal and a great help, thanks
V
V. Gillespie

M Penta
356 Fan

#213 Post by M Penta »

Congrats Steve,

Car looks great, very nice work with everything. That headliner job looks difficult, what a way to end the project.

Steve Harrison
356 Fan

#214 Post by Steve Harrison »

Thanks guys for the kind words.
Yes, it's been a little while since I "finished" the car.
Since then I've gotten the driver motor together and in there. It's a real screamer and a lot of fun to drive. The local SOG club has had a few meetings and events *(the local Helen event was a real drivers event,...1500 miles in a weekend) and that's been fun to go to with a car for a change. We had our annual meeting on Saturday about an hr and a half away. I strapped the car seat in and took the boy,...we had a lot of fun. The mechanical stuff really hasn't been any problem, everything has worked as it should for the most part. So far the only glitch is a slight leak from the nosecone of the transmission. That'll come out at some point to fix but it's really small and since it's a running/driving car right now, it's going to be a while till I get to it.
Yes, the flux bubble is still there, and it's gotten a little bigger, but not glaringly so. I'm living with it,...heck, I just noticed yesterday when I was hoseing down to put the car away I have finally gotten my first,...paint chip ! A small one, just above the bumper. I knew i'd get one eventually, and it's not bothering me in the least,...it's what I call "honest" damage, haha.

The icing on the cake after our meeting was going over to Jack Walter's house with Ernie Cabrerra to help put the carrera motor in. We got it in after a little fiddling. Fun day !!!
Cars have made me some good friends through the years, and this one is no exception.

Like they say ...."Drive em!"

Lucian Mitrea
356 Fan

hello! can i have an advise from you?

#215 Post by Lucian Mitrea »

Lucian Mitrea