2008 West Coast Holiday Photos

Share progress on your 356 related project or full restoration with others!
Barry Brisco
356 Fan
Tag: Porsche enthusiast

2008 West Coast Holiday Photos

#1 Post by Barry Brisco »

Here's a few photos of the 2008 West Coast Holiday. It has been a spectacular event! Over 300 cars, over 650 registered participants, and beautifully organized by Rich Peters and Skid Hall.

On Thursday, almost 400 people got to tour the incredible Webster Porsche Collection, a private collection in Reno, and the National Automobile Museum in Reno. This photo shows some of the cars in the staging area before leaving for the drive to Reno.

Friday was Motorsports Day! Over 60 cars participated in the autocross, which was very professionally organized. It was a short, tight, challenging course. This photo shows Gumund coupe #50 (yes, a 1949 car!) running the course. It is vintage raced by its owner.

This red Speedster was very fast around the course

I don't know whose car this is, but I ran my full stock 59 coupe for 4 laps around the course and had a blast throwing it through the turns. Even managed to turn in a semi-respectable time, but well off the winning time of just over 35 seconds.

Three views of the car display area on Saturday, on the Squaw Creek golf course just next to the resort.

Truly a fantastic event!
Barry Brisco
1959 356A Coupe 105553, Ivory / Brown
2009 987 Cayman, Carrera White / Beige (daily driver)