cars from my not so distant past

Share progress on your 356 related project or full restoration with others!
David Bathie
356 Fan

cars from my not so distant past

#1 Post by David Bathie »

This is me with my 1964C Coupe at a car show on Long Island,NY in the late 1980's.Please note the vintage registry sticker in the window.I was a member before they assigned you a number.
Image :D

Bill Bixby
356 Fan

#2 Post by Bill Bixby »

Circa 1973, a windy day in Baja....'63 Sunroof Coupe,(should have got more of the car).
Bill Bixby

Pete McNulty
356 Fan

#3 Post by Pete McNulty »

Mary is lookin' good!

Alan Robinson
356 Fan

#4 Post by Alan Robinson »

Bill Bixby wrote:Circa 1973, a windy day in Baja....'63 Sunroof Coupe, (should have gotten more pics of Mary).
fixed :mrgreen:

Bill Coghlan
356 Fan

Picture From Way Back When

#5 Post by Bill Coghlan »

Here's a picture of the Speedster I bought in the summer between high school and college (1965). I was working at a family plating business in the Watts area south of Los Angeles when the infamous riots broke out (forcing me to take a few days off which gave me a lot of time to drive that car). This picture is a scan of an old Polaroid shot with a thumb print forever captured in the old coating that was applied to prevent fading (you can see it on the passenger door). I traded my hot rod '61 VW for this car - hot rod VW, to me, was an extractor exhaust, homemade short shifter and Porsche decals in the quarter windows.

Matt Anderson
356 Fan

#6 Post by Matt Anderson »

Is that an Impala or Biscayne parked in front of the Speedster? And the Ghia in the background. Cool pic.

Bill Coghlan
356 Fan

I think it was an Impala

#7 Post by Bill Coghlan »

I think it was an Impala and that Ghia belonged to the plant engineer - it was immaculate and he was always wiping it down every chance he got. I was working as the shipping clerk and the UPS driver was always trying to talk me into make a dune buggy out of my Speedster.