Castle Hedingham UK Early Porsche Meet. Mainly 356 content..

Share progress on your 356 related project or full restoration with others!
Johnny Graham
356 Fan

Castle Hedingham UK Early Porsche Meet. Mainly 356 content..

#1 Post by Johnny Graham »

http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewto ... sc&start=0

Very English weather. Tea, anyone..?
Cheers!
Johnny

1965 356C Bahama yellow outlaw driver #222499
1989 911C4 daily driver
1984 M-B 280E W123 Morrocan taxi
1985 Citroen 2CV

Anna Slydell
356 Fan

#2 Post by Anna Slydell »

Those DDK guys do take super pics!

It DID RAIN! We arrived at 9am, having driven through torrential rain around the M25 constantly aware that soft vintage racing tyres and aquaplaning were never designed to be a combination, I was very glad not to be driving! and Indigo(11) & I didnt get out of the car at all until at least 11.30am, we were really snug & comfy in our big leather seats watching the X files movie on I phone with snacks food & crumbs everywhere in the porsche with the windows all steamed up parked right in the middle of the display Then the sun came out about lunchtime, everyone opened up their cars in an effort to dry them out ( especially the soggy speedsters ) and the show recovered and was great as usual!

AND Paul Rui's 1950 is, I think one of my favorite cars in the world, certainly the best fully restored car I have seen since? I dont really know if I have ever seen anything better? it was simply amazing.

Here are a few odd pics, favorite cars of the show (obviously aside from the 50) the tatty yellow preA ( OH YES we ALL wanted that one!) and the orange 58 Carrera below.

And surprisingly, even though general turnout was down due to the horrendous morning weather, probably less than 50%, ALL of the earliest/50's cars booked into the display turned up! :d the field that was empty was the later 911's and 912s! What a bunch of girls!

(back to my quality photography.. the classic eyes closed (oops) God please dont let him ever see that I have posted this bad shot! )

:D

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan
Tag: Drive 'Em!

#3 Post by Mark Pribanic »

Thank you for sharing the link and the pictures.

A lot of really cool early cars there
Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617
Florida Owners Group Trustee - 2008-2010
Neptune Beach, Florida USA
Instagram: Mark.Pribanic

Larry Wilson
356 Fan

#4 Post by Larry Wilson »

Yo, Johnny Graham:

Great, great, photos and cars. I bet you Brits are a fun bunch!

Larry Wilson
(ancestors from Scarborough, Yorkshire.)