Fred Starr Memorial Lube Run - June 29, 2008

For announcements of upcoming 356-related events and discussion of past events. NOTE: Contact lorischutz@porsche356registry.org to have events added to website calendar.
Bruce Coen
356 Fan

Fred Starr Memorial Lube Run - June 29, 2008

#1 Post by Bruce Coen »

Please note change of date from original posting:

Boys and Girls,

Please mark Sunday - June 29th on your calendars for the Fred Starr Memorial Lube Run.

Fred held dual citizenship with 356Burgh and Ohio Tub Fanatics. OTF and 356Burgh brother Mike Immarino is the one who first suggested an event held in Fred's honor. The plan is for us (356Burgh) to drive from Pittsburgh to the original Quaker Steak and Lube in Sharon, PA while a group of OTF guys leave from Ohio and meet us at the Lube around 3:00 PM. Richard King will coordinate the Ohio guys.

Tentatively, the plan is to meet at the Mt. Nebo Park and Ride ( I-79 exit 68 ) between 12:00 and 12:30 and to leave from there between 12:30 and 1:00 pm. We will be leaving from the same place and taking the same route as our Lube tour in 2005 when Fred joined us.

When we have an opportunity, one of us will run the route and time it so that we know when we need to leave to get there at 3:00PM and to scout any detours or unexpected changes in the route.

I'm also going to post this event on 356Talk and invite everyone to join us. Anyone is welcome to join us at the Park and Ride and make the drive with us, or meet us in Sharon around 3:00PM

Thanks,

Bruce Coen
356Burgh

Bruce Coen
1965 Coupe #219262
2000 911 Cabriolet

Tim Phillips
356 Fan

#2 Post by Tim Phillips »

BC,
This is a great idea. I will be in Deep Creek with the extended family for a week of fun on the water starting that weekend, but could probably beg off for the day to have a beer in Fred's honor. My tub, however, will be 800 miles away in Wisconsin. Any of yins going "stag" and able to afford the weight penalty of a hefty passenger?
Tim Phillips
The Great Northwoods of Wisconsin
Custodian, 1964 C coupe #216097
Registry #15934

Bruce Coen
356 Fan

#3 Post by Bruce Coen »

Tim Phillips wrote:BC,
This is a great idea. I will be in Deep Creek with the extended family for a week of fun on the water starting that weekend, but could probably beg off for the day to have a beer in Fred's honor. My tub, however, will be 800 miles away in Wisconsin. Any of yins going "stag" and able to afford the weight penalty of a hefty passenger?
Hi Doctor Tim,

I expect that my wife will be in my right seat but I can't speak for any of the other guys. Why don't you post the same question to the 356Burgh list and see if you get any offers ?

If there aren't any seats available in a 356, you are certainly welcome to join us in your Buick or whatever you're driving.

What's with the "hefty passenger" stuff ? Have yinz guys been partaking too much of that Wisconsin cheese since yinz moved away from the 'Burgh ? Are you buying yourself a trip to one of my cath labs as the guest of honor ?

Anyway, we miss you guys and it will be good to see you again.

bc
Bruce Coen
1965 Coupe #219262
2000 911 Cabriolet