Rennsport Reunion Corral pass

For announcements of upcoming 356-related events and discussion of past events. NOTE: Contact lorischutz@porsche356registry.org to have events added to website calendar.
Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

Rennsport Reunion Corral pass

#1 Post by Mike Wilson »

If anyone has a Rennsport Reunion Corral pass they will not be using (or hear of one available), please contact me asap. I have a friend who will be driving up in his 356 but doesn't have a pass.

Thanks,

Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

Re: Rennsport Reunion Corral pass

#2 Post by Mike Wilson »

My sincere thanks to one of our members. A pass has been made available to my friend who is equally if not more grateful!

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#3 Post by Mike Wilson »

Reposting:

Unfortunately there was some confusion on the corral pass. The one available was for the Werks Reunion rather than the Rennsport Reunion.

So, still looking for a corral pass for the Rennsport Reunion next month.

Thanks,

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Skid Hall
356 Fan

#4 Post by Skid Hall »

I have found the Rennsport Reunion corral pass issue very frustrating. Unlike last time as as I recall, when your registered for the 356 Registry event you got a corral pass. This year the Registry event either chose not or was not allowed to have a connection to the Rennsport 356 corral. Apparently to get in to the 356 corral for any day you had to buy a full 4 day ticket from the track itself and I was told they sold those out in September or October of 2017 ! Several months ago I tried the Registry, PCA, PCNA, the track for a corral pass any day, no dice, sold out. So when I go to the track on Friday I am curious if there will be a full, or very large 356 corral in place. Maybe so but I'll be surprised since it can't believe that many 356'ers signed up for an expensive multi day ticket one year in advance, but no matter, it appears if I drive the 356 I will be parking in the remote dusty purple public parking lot away from the action. Might as well drive the Jeep I guess. Seemed like a poor way to set things up.

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#5 Post by Mike Wilson »

I hear ya, Skid. Fortunately I signed up for the whole package as soon as it became available. Seems like our Porsche events sell out fast due to our enthusiastic owners.

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Frank Earle
356 Fan

#6 Post by Frank Earle »

Mike,

Haven't talked with you for a while, but when I noticed you were looking for a RennSport Reunion corral pass, but with not much success, I thought I should chime in on the situation. As far as I know, the powers-to-be at RennSport have noted that these entries are not transferable, nor refundable once the arrangements have been consummated. Like you, I signed up for the four-day package w/corral and paid for it. But since that early registration on my part, my wife and I learned in May that she had to undergo brain surgery to remove two tumors, which took place mid-July. We're not going to be able to attend either the RennSport or Registry Reunions, which is a bummer, but considering the circumstances, it's more prudent to let things go. If there's a way I could help you out, I'd do it, but unless you know something I don't, I think it's highly doubtful of materializing. Please let me know your thoughts and if I can help you out!

All the best,

Frank Earle

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#7 Post by Mike Wilson »

Franks, yes, it has been a while since we talked. I am very sorry to hear of your wife's situation. I wish her all the best.

Let me do some research on the corral passes. You are probably right but maybe there is a way. You can always get ahold of me directly through my email.

My sincere thanks but more importantly, all the best to your wife.

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#8 Post by Mike Wilson »

According to the website, "Vehicle parked must match car corral purchased or you will be directed to park in Purple 10, no exceptions." Purple 10 is general parking.

Frank, many thanks for the offer but it looks like my friend will be in Purple 10.

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Frank Earle
356 Fan

#9 Post by Frank Earle »

Mike,

With the number of enthusiasts crying to get into the main action at this RennSport Reunion, I am surprised that there isn't some bit of flexibility with the rules of transfer. Sorry to learn your friend is in 'left field' so to speak.. It could be worse by not attending the whole function at all!

Thanks for your thoughts, my wife is improving, which allows both of us to think of attending the next RennSport. Down a cold one for us and enjoy yourself!

All the best,

Frank

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#10 Post by Mike Wilson »

My guess is that the organizers will be placing cars by model so they need to know how many spaces will be needed.

The first cold one is a toast to you and your wife and your attendance at the next Rennsport Reunion!

All the best,

Mikr
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Frank Earle
356 Fan

#11 Post by Frank Earle »

Mike,

That's a great thought....you're on amigo! Next time, for sure...and hopefully with you, too!

Thanks,

Frank