Nor Cal Events upcoming

For announcements of upcoming 356-related events and discussion of past events. NOTE: Contact lorischutz@porsche356registry.org to have events added to website calendar.
Steve Douglas
356 Fan

Nor Cal Events upcoming

#1 Post by Steve Douglas »

Upcoming Porsche events

May 5 San Mateo Breakfast 8:30am in the back room, IHOP 510 El Camino Real, Belmont, 2 blocks north of Ralston

May 10 Opening of Registration for the September 356 Registry Reunion #2 This is a Friday afternoon gathering on September 28, during the Rennsport Event. It is Free, but you must register by USPS mail, and send in a deposit that will be refunded at the event. Order shirts and stuff Free Food, and beers, in the Carmel Valley Community Park. You must be a current member of the 356 Registry, sign up online now, limited number of cars, like 225 or so will fit, 2 people per active member.

May 12 Sacramento Breakfast 9am Marie Calendars Sunrise Blvd at Madison Citrus Heights

May 18-20 CRAB the 37th Year of a multi- zone event, in and around Sacramento. A PCA event with a full range of events Concours Rally Autcross, Rally, tours and social times Check out SVR-PCA website for registration
May 18-20 Spring Classic Vintage Races at Laguna Seca
May 19 Holiister Breakfast 8:30am San Juan Oaks Golf Course, off of Union Rd
May 20 Mt Diablo Tour Walnut Creek, Mt Diablo Peak, then Picnic
Register for the event on the website. at www.356CAR.org
The Peaks and Valley Challenge starts this May with a drive to Mt Diablo. For those who participate in three drives over two years, they will receive a special one of a kind car grill badge. The first event on May 20th will start at Ed Morris’s home with coffee and donuts and a visit to his famous garage filled with wonderful memorabilia, then proceed to the Mt Diablo Peak and then to a picnic spot for lunch. So bring a picnic and something to share if you want. Optional beer and wine tasting is possible after the event. PLEASE register for the event on the 356CAR website and see more details
June 2 After the San Mateo Breakfast there will be a drive to Hakone Gardens in Saratoga with a picnic lunch (BYO) optional Check out the website www.356CAR.org for more info as it comes closer to the date.

Note the Tech Session on Saturday the 2nd and the Swap Meet/Concours at Parts Heaven has been cancelled. Alternate dates for both are being worked on, TBA

June 9 Canepa’s Coffee and Cars, starts early, (Before 8am) thru noon Scotts Valley Dr. Scotts Valley , amazing !!!! This year there will only be 3 gatherings April, June and October
June 30 The second Peaks and Valley event is set for June 30 to Mt Hamilton. Larry Anderson is organizing this event. Tentatively, it will start at the Reid Hillview Airport, proceed up to the peak where we will visit the Mt Hamilton Observatory and check out spectacular views and investigate the observatory and telescope, then proceed down the backside of the mountain enjoying beautiful countryside to a restaurant in Livermore there will be preregistration required also, check the website for updates.
June 30 5th Saturday Breakfast 9am at Pt. Pinos Grill Pacific grove

August 5 Treffpunkt - a gathering of air-cooled Porsches Vw’s and other vintage German cars. 8am -3pm Dave Brubeck Community Park, Concord Ave, Concord a nice day in the park, BYO or there will be a food truck, coffee in the morning, Car-in type swap meet, just low-key and time to enjoy friends and cars. Please preorder t-shirts and hats
See Facebook Nor Cal Vintage VW aND Porsche Treffpunkt for updates
This gathering is one of the best in the west.
August 18 - 19 kicks off Monterey Car Weeks, PreReunion Vintage Races at Laguna Seca
See Laguna Seca for advance tickets for the races. Porsche paddock parking will be sold soon. Werkes Reunion is the Porsche only show, 700+ cars; gathering on Friday at the Corral de Tierra Country Club off of Highway 68 registration for concours and parking to open mid-May.

September 27-30 is Rennsport, the worlds largest gathering of Porsches, enthusiasts at Laguna Seca and surrounding locations. Way too much Tickets and paddock parking are on sale

There will be more events as the year goes on. questions soquelglen@prodigy.net or www.356CAR.org

michael rogers
356 Fan

Re: Nor Cal Events upcoming

#2 Post by michael rogers »

Hi Everyone, my name is Mike Rogers and I put on the Nor Cal Vintage VW & Porsche Treffpunkt and I have decided to start a swap meet! It will be on Sept. 2nd at Concord High School right next to the Dave Brubeck Park where I hold the Treffpunkt. It will be from 8-2 $20.00 per vehicle Porsche and VW Parts or automotive items. Please spread the word about this new swap because now with Parts Heaven being cancelled this is pretty much the only swap in the Bay Area for Porsche parts. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Mike
925-890-2165
norcaltreffen@gmail.com
Michael Rogers
55' 356 Pre-A

Steve Douglas
356 Fan

#3 Post by Steve Douglas »

Hi Michael, I will get the word out, to those i can, most PCA regions, 912, 356CAR, and Registry. Can you get to the R Gruppe? Ill try to post to the 914 World BBS

Dan Macdonald
356 Fan

#4 Post by Dan Macdonald »

Mike,
I would love to attend but that's Labor Day weekend and I'm out of town.
I think you would have MUCH better attendance if you did it a week later or earlier.
Just a suggestion. Thanks for setting this up.
Dan Macdonald 
'59 A Coupe (105327) 
'57 Speedster (82954) 
Registry #1921 (1982) 
DMAIA@aol.com
My YouTube Channel: Tinmeister 356

michael rogers
356 Fan

#5 Post by michael rogers »

HI Dan, yes next year I will have it on another day TBD.
Thanks
Michael Rogers
55' 356 Pre-A