Save the Date! 2018 ECH at Ocean City, NJ October 17-21 2018

For announcements of upcoming 356-related events and discussion of past events. NOTE: Contact lorischutz@porsche356registry.org to have events added to website calendar.
Robert Gutjahr
356 Fan

Re: Save the Date! 2018 ECH at Ocean City, NJ October 17-21

#16 Post by Robert Gutjahr »

Thanks for the kind words. Registration is now over 100 cars! We're very excited and can't wait to see everyone in October. KTF! Bob
Robert Gutjahr

Steven Murray
356 Fan

For a member that doesn't yet own - seems like boardwalk da

#17 Post by Steven Murray »

Well I joined the registry 2 years ago with the idea of buying a 356. For now I've come to the conclusion that I'll wait and see if prices drop first. I'll still remain a member as I like the magazines tech articles (i.e. bolts and how the heads have dropped in size)(4 cam tips - not so much) . So with no 356 I think my best bet is to just drop by the day where the cars are on display on the boardwalk. Yea? If prices go up and I never own a 356 that will be ok too. I don't think I'd benefit much from attending the 4 day event, I might even be like a 3rd wheel , perhaps trying to mooch rides to activities in somebody's 356.

Mark Roth
356Talk Moderator

#18 Post by Mark Roth »

Steven,
I have attended several Holidays with and without my 356. Someone is always happy to let a Holiday registered 356 fan (and potential new owner) ride along. Go for it. You’ll have a good time and learn a lot.
Mark Roth
65 C Cab (Black/black)

Robert Gutjahr
356 Fan

#19 Post by Robert Gutjahr »

All 356 Registry members- with or without a car- are welcome to register and participate in the 2018 East Coast Holiday at Ocean City. There are any number of events that members who cannot bring their cars can enjoy. Please consult our website or call Ellen or me for further details. Thanks. Bob
Robert Gutjahr

C J Murray
356 Fan

#20 Post by C J Murray »

Brother Steve, it is generally frowned upon to attend an event to which you are not registered, BUT, BUT, BUT, the concours is open to the general public and you would be totally welcomed, AND if you wonder around the parking area when drives take off you would surely be welcomed as a passenger however you would not have access to the activities that might be part of the drive.

You should consider paying entry to the ECH to attend all of the activities since you will learn much more by listening to the attendees over the longer and more varied exposure to 356 life as expressed by the most enthusiastic owners. I believe it could be cheap insurance against making a bad 356 choice.

Besides, I need headcount for my engine tech session! :D
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Steven Murray
356 Fan

#21 Post by Steven Murray »

Well I just renewed my registry membership at least. I hope to just stop by for the concours boardwalk show. The cars a just a bit too expensive at the moment so I don't want to get ahead of myself. The best thing about attending a holiday would be to meet the cars should they come up for sale someday. Definitely 3 or so days with the event would get me familiar with some. I can appreciate that many have had restoration work done in the tens of thousands. For now I'll just continue to get the registry magazine and drool.