356 Club of SoCal Concours - Huntington Beach July 22nd 2017

For announcements of upcoming 356-related events and discussion of past events. NOTE: Contact lorischutz@porsche356registry.org to have events added to website calendar.
Trevor Gates
356 Fan

356 Club of SoCal Concours - Huntington Beach July 22nd 2017

#1 Post by Trevor Gates »

Exciting News!
The 356 Club Concours moves to Huntington Beach!

As many of you know, the City of Dana Point asked us to find another place to hold our annual Concours. Through the tireless efforts of one of our Club members, we have secured Huntington Beach's Central Park. This is exciting news and we have amazing support from the city of Huntington Beach and we hope to make the inaugural event here the best it can be!

On Saturday July 22nd, 2017 the Porsche world will converge on Huntington Beach's Central Park for the world's largest "356-only fully-judged concours."

Once again, the 356 Club is inviting the Porsche community and especially 356 owners to come and be a part of the fun that is our Club Concours. As always, any Porsche can come and display on the grass.

356's have the option to come and be judged at Wash & Shine, Street and Full Concours.

If you haven't been to the 356 Club Concours, this needs to be part of your Porsche Bucket List!

Traditionally, 350+ Porsches come out to soak up the sun and be appreciated by the public. It is one of the best displays of Porsches to assemble at any time! Bring a picnic lunch or we will have great lunches available for purchase.

Open the garage door and let your car enjoy the day - you both will be better for it!

Additional information and registration information will be sent out and posted on our website: http://www.356Club.org

Specific event details here: 356 Club Concours
https://www.instagram.com/trevorcgates/

Dick Douglass
356 Fan

Re: 356 Club of SoCal Concours - Huntington Beach July 22nd

#2 Post by Dick Douglass »

It is July and I have only a few days to prepare a 65 SC Cab for the Concours. Do I enter Full and take out the tray over the gas tank for the Judges or enter Street and leave it in?????

I got a set of rules from a true 356 Guy and I appreciate the information. I got advise from a friend and it looks like I should get in line and register the car.

HB is a terrific location on Golden West near our library.

Hope to see you there.

If things go wrong I can always walk across the street and play disc golf.

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#3 Post by Mike Wilson »

Just about (yawn) ready to leave for H.B. for the 6:00 a.m. staging for judged cars. It's going to be a long but enjoyable day with my 356 friends! Lots of credit to my wife. She had the option to join me later at a more decent hour but wanted to go with me for the ride to and from.

Our car is in the Street Concours class, B Closed, so pop by and say "Hi!".

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

mike allen
356 Fan

#4 Post by mike allen »

Mike
Congrats on your success yesterday. Well deserved and a beautiful car!

Trevor Gates
356 Fan

#5 Post by Trevor Gates »

Thank you to everyone who came out to the show, I hope a great time was had by all. We've gotten feedback from attendees on what worked at the new venue (plenty of shade under trees, cars spread out, coffee and food trucks) and we'll work on improving what needs improving (larger signage and much more of it to direct cars to the entrance). Thank you to all the 356 Club volunteers and the owners of cars who brought them out.

Here are a few pics I took. Please feel free to add others.
Attachments
HB1.jpg
HB2.jpg
HB3.jpg
HB4.jpg
HB5.jpg
HB6.jpg
HB7.jpg
HB8.jpg
https://www.instagram.com/trevorcgates/

Trevor Gates
356 Fan