Early Porsche Track Day - Pacific Raceways, WA - tbd

For announcements of upcoming 356-related events and discussion of past events. NOTE: Contact lorischutz@porsche356registry.org to have events added to website calendar.
Brad K
356 Fan

Early Porsche Track Day - Pacific Raceways, WA - tbd

#1 Post by Brad K »

hey guys - i am posting this to see if there is any 356 interest in having a track day at pacific raceways?

in the "old" days up here in the seattle/portland area, you could count on numerous track days, such as with the alfa club, bremerton sports car club, etc - over time, days got numbered - now the alfa club doesn't even run at pacific, and it stopped doing days in portland last year -

i know lots of folks over the years who did the track days, mostly in old air cooled porsche's - i think that there is enough interest to put on a track day, and it would be great to see the 356's well represented there:

i have spoken with don kitch, jr, who is one hell of a nice guy! he runs proformance racing, and he would be setting up the event

- here are the options - the most chance for availability of a friday or saturday is between now and mid-march, before the clubs get the track - monday and tuesday are closed "quiet" days - wednesdays and thurdays are much more plentiful, and don also has "twilight" sessions in the summer, from about 4 pm to 9 pm

- don will have some coaching/clinic stuff for between sessions, as well as coach/instructors for those new to this track or tracks days - but he understands that a bunch of us maybe signed off "solo" at this track or have significant track experience, and we just want to drive!

- don will do a continental breakfast and lunch for the days, and a bbq for after the twilight sessions

- don needs a minimum of 25 folks to keep this in the $250-$295 range for each guy (the more guys, the cheaper) - the sessions will be 20-30 minutes, and there should be 3-4 sessions with 3 separate run groups - if things thin out after lunch, the groups will be combined with more chances for track time

- don said it would make sense to pick a month, and then get a date from there

- so here is the deal, i don't want to waste don's or anyone else's time, so it would be great to for any interested 356 person to check his or her calendar (when we have dates,) check your 356, talk to your track day buddies, and be ready to commit, if this track day is to really happen!!!

- again, i'm not the organizer - if the date is set, then everything will be completed directly with don!

- and, i received an email today that there may be porsche press coverage of this event!

thanks again for being part of the dream . . .
Attachments
356tiresedit2.jpg
356 Registry Member since 2007

1962 356 Hardtop 62 - aka Notchback - aka "OutlawR"
1973 911T/SC - R Gruppe #359
1976 914 2.1"S"

1966 Mercedes W111 Coupe, Euro, Sunroof
1953 Hudson Hornet Twin-H Sedan

Brad K
356 Fan

Re: Early Porsche Track Day - Pacific Raceways, WA - tbd

#2 Post by Brad K »

hey guys - thanks for the interest - i'm trying to connect again with don - in the meantime, i just received an email today from the local alfa club stating there will be a High performance lapping day on sat, 3/11/17, from noon to 5 pm - the event is posted on motorsports.reg -

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/nw ... nts-518636

i have signed up and i hope to be there in my 914 - i sent an email to the alfa club to see if passengers will be allowed - that's it for now - hope to see you there!

brad k
356 Registry Member since 2007

1962 356 Hardtop 62 - aka Notchback - aka "OutlawR"
1973 911T/SC - R Gruppe #359
1976 914 2.1"S"

1966 Mercedes W111 Coupe, Euro, Sunroof
1953 Hudson Hornet Twin-H Sedan