2016 Limerock historics

For announcements of upcoming 356-related events and discussion of past events. NOTE: Contact lorischutz@porsche356registry.org to have events added to website calendar.
M Penta
356 Fan

2016 Limerock historics

#1 Post by M Penta »

Labor Day weekend Fri - Mon. Racing is on Saturday & Monday, Concourse is Sunday. Great event and weather looks great. Anyone going?

M Penta
356 Fan

Re: 2016 Limerock historics

#2 Post by M Penta »

Fantastic event as usual. Lots of TransAm cars there for 50th anniversary, what a spectacle to see them coming over the crest and leave like 200' of rubber.

There was a Bizzarini Strada and Lola Cosworth v8 that really rang my bell.

Lots of beautiful Porsche, could have been more 356's.

The Yellow Speedster was a "pick of the Paddock" and shacked up with a few very special cars.

I believe the Birdcage won the concourse.

Anyone here attend??? This is a must see event, racing and concourse all in one weekend.

Van ran well, got a lot of attention with the vintage camper and bikes. We camped track side, this time brought the kids and they had a blast. Walking through the paddock at night was an incredible experience for all of us.

Next year I will be there with my car!!!!

More pics I would like to post but having problems with server at work, some new security thing driving me crazy! Sorry I could not include more 356 pics, maybe tomorrow.
Attachments
IMG_4461.JPG
IMG_4440.JPG
IMG_4401.JPG
IMG_4422.JPG
IMG_4435.JPG
IMG_4445.JPG
IMG_4473.JPG
IMG_4469.JPG
IMG_4465.JPG
IMG_4419.JPG

Frank R Allocca
356 Fan

#3 Post by Frank R Allocca »

I attended not with my Porsche, but a 1926 Three Liter Bentley, next year if you bring the children, I can give them a ride around the track..You first photo is the WACH SPECIAL owned and raced by Bill Haupt. M. Lee Wachs built the car in 1967 , Porsche powered on a modified VW platform.. It still goes quite well. Bill would like to find a new home for the car ! Thanks for the photos as I did not get to see all the cars! Frank Allocca

M Penta
356 Fan

#4 Post by M Penta »

Hi Frank, gorgeous car! Part of the stunning "Gatsby's delight" group. Congratulations, I believe you may have received an award?

Thanks for the offer! My kids would be thrilled to ride in that car, we spent quite a bit of time looking at these and I was surprised how interested they were in these early cars. It took us like an hour just to go the first 100 yards through the concourse, where you car was. I believe my son has pics of your car on his Ipad, will try to post them if I can pry that thing from his hands.

I did not know what the Wach special was and could find little info about it, since I did not know the name and it was not coming up in Porsche searches. It does indeed still go quite well!

Thanks,

Mark
Attachments
IMG_4460.JPG
IMG_4459.JPG
IMG_4441.JPG
IMG_4444.JPG
IMG_4420.JPG
IMG_4406.JPG
IMG_4436.JPG
IMG_4442.JPG
IMG_4428.JPG
IMG_4421.JPG

Frank R Allocca
356 Fan

#5 Post by Frank R Allocca »

Mark, Please keep in touch as I would love to give the boys a run in the Bentley! I see that you in VT. My stepson Ben Lives in New Haven, between Middlebury and Bristol...He has been slowly been restoring a Bugeye Sprite, some day it may be runningagain. Ben's son Jake , is 12 and like your guys loves cars!
I did receive a Third Place which was a surprise as I drove the car to the event and did not even dust it off..sometimes it is better to be dumb and lucky . Best regards, Frank

M Penta
356 Fan

#6 Post by M Penta »

Thanks Frank,

I live in central VT, good chance Ben and I will cross paths sometime if he attends local car events.

If ever doing a tour up this way feel free to PM me, would love to follow along in the 356C, or (gasp) the 66 Dodge.

Mark