Thoughts on RennV

For announcements of upcoming 356-related events and discussion of past events. NOTE: Contact lorischutz@porsche356registry.org to have events added to website calendar.
Bil Brown
356 Fan

Thoughts on RennV

#1 Post by Bil Brown »

SAM_0069.JPG
A couple buddies and I flew out to this mega event. I was overwhelmed with all the rare Porsches. I saw lots of old buddies I had`nt seen in years! Y`all know who ya are, but I do want to mention chatting with Bob Baker with the Blue 5500034, my fav 550 of them all!. I first met that car & Bob at his house in Omaha in the mid 80s when the car arrived from France. Anyway, Bob looks great and drove the 550 all weekend. Bob, now in his 80s is one of my Porsche heroes.
Bill Brown

Glen Hamner, Jr
356 Fan
Tag: '63 S/R project, '80 911SC, '11 Cayenne

Re: Thoughts on RennV

#2 Post by Glen Hamner, Jr »

Soooooo, who's the guy in the seat with a grin from ear ta ear? And that tape job on the racing mirror, is someone really trying to hold an appendage in place with boxing tape? No doubt being there was a rush for those making the effort, looking forward to more from you in this thread Bill.

Bil Brown
356 Fan

Re: Thoughts on RennV

#3 Post by Bil Brown »

SAM_0071.JPG
Glen.....the pic is Bob Baker in his mostly OG paint 550, one of the most original 550s existing today. In the previous pic, they were attaching a GoPro camera to get some footage of Bob on the track. When I first worked on the car when Bob still lived in Omaha, that`s when I learned about aluminum wheel cylinders and needle bearing link pins. When I first saw the car, it had old period race tires on the OG 3.50x16 alloy/steel wheels, alum hubcaps, top bows, full width alum windshield frame, alum tonneau, quickjack, yellowish acella bast interior and it`s original motor/trans, all still with the car today......an incredible car!
Bill Brown