Southern Utah Winter/Spring Road Trip 2016

For announcements of upcoming 356-related events and discussion of past events. NOTE: Contact lorischutz@porsche356registry.org to have events added to website calendar.
Stephen Masefield
356 Fan

Southern Utah Winter/Spring Road Trip 2016

#1 Post by Stephen Masefield »

Its 107’ today and just too hot to drive ;-(

It got me thinking about a late winter /early spring road trip in the cooler temps...

I am pondering the idea of organizing a road trip around some stunning wilderness areas in Southern Utah, options might visiting include 3 National Parks (Zion-Bryce-Capitol Reef) 3 or more National monuments – (Escalante-Pipe Springs-Cedar Breaks) 3 or more State Parks (Kodachrome-Anasazi-Piute-Goblin)...in fact we are so blessed here, the whole of Southern Utah ought to be a Park ! (Not all of the above of course in the same trip....)

I am thinking nominal entrance fee, No Badges, No Prizes, No Swap meet – just a drive and perhaps a T Shirt ! I would locate accommodation and eateries and itinerary – you pay your own way. This is NOT a club sponsored event.

I am thinking as accommodation is very limited in the wildness areas there would be a max of 12 cars/couples - even that might be stretch for some locations.

I am thinking we start in Cedar City and perhaps end in Zion

I thinking 3-4 days in mid April early May – before the heat and above all the “masses” .

Please post questions here or PM me if you are interested – I will make a list of first come first served idea.. no obligation at this point, just trying to get an idea of interest.
Steve
'57 Coupe
'61 Sunroof Coupe
'79 911SC Targa (Stupidly sold)
'23 Subaru BRZ (poor mans Porsche)
Ford Diesel to haul 'stuff'

Norm Miller
356 Fan
Tag: Official curmudgeon

Re: Southern Utah Winter/Spring Road Trip 2016

#2 Post by Norm Miller »

Sounds like a fine idea Stephen.
I trust you would allow some Coloradoans to join.
That is, if can get over the hills to Grand Jct.

Norm