L. A. Lit and Toy Show and SoCal All Porsche Swap .

For announcements of upcoming 356-related events and discussion of past events. NOTE: Contact lorischutz@porsche356registry.org to have events added to website calendar.
Dick Douglass
356 Fan

L. A. Lit and Toy Show and SoCal All Porsche Swap .

#1 Post by Dick Douglass »

This weekend there are 16 open house and events tied to the L.A. Lit and Toy Show.
Driving in So Cal can make you hungry and you might not be able to wait until your next Vendor open house, or it is late and you want to try a local drive in.
May I suggest In-N-Out? There are 221 locations in California. Two locations are within 2 1/2 miles of the L. A Hilton. Hours are 10:30 am to 1 :am. One location is on Inglewood. Popular items on the Not-So-Secret-Menu are Double meat, 3x3,4x4, and grilled cheese.

Enjoy and remember the ATM at the Hilton has run out of cash in the past.

Rosemary Sampson

Re: L. A. Lit and Toy Show and SoCal All Porsche Swap .

#2 Post by Rosemary Sampson »

Dick:

Should we take the rented Bentley you suggested to In N Out? There is one right next to LAX. The first one (and HQ and museum) is relatively close to Sierra Madre Collections for those visiting that open house. #6 is on Walnut in Pasadena.

You forgot "Animal Style." 6x6 and 8x8 are also available according to a climber who once worked there.

Nice basketball game last night but the University of Second Choice lost again didn't it? To a far better school as you know.

Your Bruin pals

PS- we do hope to see you Saturday and/or Sunday - we're couch surfing in NB very near the airport - looks more like CM.

PPS Bring the grandkids to BeachCruisers 3/21. If you're there later in the day maybe we can give them a ride this year if we can get the car out.

PPPS - we are geographically undesirable for the LAX Hilton (33 miles away) but can offer a spare bedroom to anyone coming from west or north of the area for Friday night only. Email us if interested and maybe it will work out

Dick Douglass
356 Fan

#3 Post by Dick Douglass »

L.A. lifestyle Is a Bentley and In-N-Out.
They ask you " Will You Be Eating your meal in Your car"'?
I say " Does it look like WE will be getting Out any time soon"?

Welcome to HOLLYWOOD...!

I will drive the VW Van this weekend. Too may crazy 356 drivers in L.A./OC this weekend.

We will be there again on the Beach in HB on the 21st.

Rock on

Rosemary Sampson

#4 Post by Rosemary Sampson »

We'll have our people contact your people :D

Wanna trade Al Zim's former shop truck (THINK of the provenance :!: ) for your van? :?: :idea: :wink:

Thomas Frisardi
356 Fan

#5 Post by Thomas Frisardi »

Hi. I am looking for guidance on attending the meet this year, 2016. Worth the trip from Boston? Which related events are worth making plans for? Any guidance appreciated.

Greg Bryan
356 Fan

#6 Post by Greg Bryan »

I don't think you can possibly get more Porsche 356 time in any one three day event than this. The many open house events on Friday, the Lit meet is spectacular on Saturday and more open house events on Saturday PM, and the Swap/Car Show in Anaheim on Sunday is great too in a really nice venue.
There are folks from all over the US and others that come to the event from Europe, Canada, Australia ...
Greg Bryan

Jim Alton
356 Fan

#7 Post by Jim Alton »

Thomas Frisardi wrote:Hi. I am looking for guidance on attending the meet this year, 2016. Worth the trip from Boston? Which related events are worth making plans for? Any guidance appreciated.
If there's any Porsche event in LA worth the trip from Boston, it's the Lit Meet Weekend. You won't be the only person attending from New England--Rainer Cooney (Meister Restorations) often attends from North Barnstead NH and Typ 356 ne is usually represented at the Registry meeting.

Make sure you get to the LitMeet EARLY (when it opens for "early birds")! You need the time just to see everything, not to mention avoid the growing crowd.

As to Related Events:

The SoCal All-Porsche Swap and Car Display, Sunday–March 6th, 2016 is a must see. There's more swap meet (with a good chance of finding things you may need), a couple hundred classic Porsches and lots of people to meet. If the main restaurant of the Phoenix Club is open they'll have great German food. If the main restaurant isn't open they'll have good food.

The Saturday Open Houses in Costa Mesa are a big draw. European Collectibles has lots of cars and lots of food. Jim Liberty's Shop, Liberty Motorsports is across the street and features optically perfect 356s and Rocky & Bullwinkle. It's worth getting there early enough to stop by CarParc USA and see the early 911s. CarParc USA is a long walk or a short drive from European Collectibles and Liberty Motorsports.

Open Houses Before the LitMeet. There aren't any that aren't worth attending. But, Willhoit Auto Restoration's is the one everybody attends.

Be aware that rush hour (which is several hours, like 2:30 PM to 7:30 PM) in LA is beyond bad. If you stay near Los Angeles International it's fairly easy to get from Torrance to LAX on surface streets so you may want to close the day there. Last I was there Callas Rennsport's open house featured two 911Rs (of 25 built) and I can't even recall the count of 959s and Carrera GTs. Steve Hogue Enterprises is a rare chance to visit a real panelbeater's shop where he turns sheet metal into cars. Granted, there is Paul Russell and Company near you but they aren't as specialized.

By the way, I like In-N-Out but missing a chance to eat there isn't tragic.

Jim Alton
Los Angeles County, CA
1958 Porsche 356A Cabriolet
1965 Porsche 911 Coupé
1966 Volkswagen Type 2
2003 Porsche 986 Boxster