East Coast Holiday Lite Pinehurst

For announcements of upcoming 356-related events and discussion of past events. NOTE: Contact lorischutz@porsche356registry.org to have events added to website calendar.
Steve Gaddy
356 Fan

East Coast 356 Get Together

#1 Post by Steve Gaddy »

The Pinehurst Concours Event will be held again this year on Saturday May 2nd in Pinehurst, NC. This will be the third year for this event and the first two years have proved it to be exceptional. I hope some of you who have attended the past two years will share your experience with others.

Even though it has been very successful the organizers are still evolving the event to make it better each year. The changes for this May are significant and I believe will make it even better. Instead of taking place over two days the event this year will all be compressed into one day (Saturday, May 2nd).

I think this event in Pinehurst will make a great weekend for a regional 356 gathering. If we can provide an early indication of the number of cars that might show up, we can reserve a paddock area so the cars can be together. Also a certain number (to be determined by our overall group) will be asked to park on the fairway next to the judged Concours field (which will have 120 cars in all categories).

Please check the Pinehurst Concours website and read more about it.

pinehurstconcours.com

If we plan now can pick a very reasonable cost hotel that could be a central spot for Friday night for those traveling from afar.
It will be a great car day for sure. In addition there will be a concert at the Concours field from 4–7. The group is not announced yet but is promised to be a quite recognizable name. Not to mention the admission cost for all the events that day is only $25.

Please contact me if you like this idea and a) already know you would attend b) would put yourself down as a maybe at this point c) you would like to help with input and organizing (which should require very little since all the activities are already taken care of). Perhaps a member could help me set up a way to collect the indications of interest.

This is something that you could decide to join in at the last minute but there are a lot of advantages the more people plan ahead.

Steve Gaddy
Pinehurst, NC

chip perry
356 Fan

Re: East Coast 356 Get Together

#2 Post by chip perry »

I think Steve's got a great idea here, especially since it appears there won't be an official Registry holiday in 2015. The Pinehurst Concours is a first class event held on the fairways of one of the beautiful Pinehurst golf courses right next to the main clubhouse. The event is only two years old but it brings out some great cars and a knowledgeable crowd of viewers and enthusiasts from several states. Last year the event's chairman Bob Ingram brought his 550 Spyder for display and there were also several nice 356s and early 911s on the show field. Magnus Walker has come from LA to Pinehurst each of the last two years and he always had a crowd around him to hear his stories about his Urban Outlaws. I am interested in bringing a 356 to park in the corral and I hope some other 356ers can bring their cars too!

Chip Perry

George Kehler
356 Fan

#3 Post by George Kehler »

The Pinehurst Concours is a great event !! And, having as many 356's there as possible, would make it even more special !! I echo Chip Perrys eloquent words. Count me and Susan in !! George Kehler 1955 Coupe
George Kehler II

1955 Coupe
1971 911 S
1997 993 Targa

Tom Roos
356 Fan

#4 Post by Tom Roos »

I'm in!. I made it to the first two Pinehurst Concours and it is now locked into my calendar as a must do event. Beautiful cars and beautiful setting.
Adding a 356 entourage will make it "more better".
Tom
Last edited by Tom Roos on Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Roos

DonCichocki
356 Fan

#5 Post by DonCichocki »

Steve,
Great idea! Count me in. I'm sure more people will respond as soon as the word gets around.
Thanks!
Regards,
Don

Warren Bender
356 Fan

#6 Post by Warren Bender »

I would be interested in attending and putting my sort of OK 356 in the paddock.
Also would be interested in a motel (w/ trailer parking?) for Fri nite
would we have to register AS a group? or IN a group? or?
Warren Bender
near Myrtle Beach
'64 C Coupe

Steve Gaddy
356 Fan

#7 Post by Steve Gaddy »

Warren,
I am thinking that on Monday I will choose one the local hotels (reasonably priced) and try to reserve about 20 rooms at a group rate. Then I can let you and others who are interested make a reservation. I am glad you mentioned the trailer - I will see about that also. Why don't you check with others in your area (they don't have to have a 356) who would like to come and we can create a nice gathering. I assume most folks who come from out of town will want a room for Friday and Saturday - especially since the concert will be late Saturday afternoon.
Steve

Warren Bender
356 Fan

#8 Post by Warren Bender »

sounds good to me
all we need to do is keep up this momentum!!!
Warren

Ashley Page
356 Fan

#9 Post by Ashley Page »

Steve, I would like to do that. Anything planed for Friday night?
Look forward to seeing everyone!

Steve Gaddy
356 Fan

#10 Post by Steve Gaddy »

Ashley,

It would be great to have you come to Pinehurst. Yes, I think we can put together some activity for Friday afternoon and evening.

For everyone who has expressed interest - thank you for the early replies and I think there is clearly enough interest for a great gathering. I have secured a block of 30 rooms at a nice hotel at a price of $92 night (and that includes breakfast!). I will post the information for room reservations the first week of February. In the meantime, everyone talk to some of your Registry friends (or any friend) about joining in. If we get sign ups early, I can reserve additional rooms.

Steve

Warren Bender
356 Fan

#11 Post by Warren Bender »

I'm still VERY interested in the event. Keep us posted.
Warren

Steve Gaddy
356 Fan

East Coast Holiday Lite Pinehurst

#12 Post by Steve Gaddy »

East Coast Holiday Lite!

356 Get Together in Pinehurst!

Here is a great opportunity for a low stress, low cost, fun car weekend to kick off the year. On Saturday, May 2nd the third Annual Pinehurst Concours presents a great opportunity for many of us to get together in North Carolina. A great destination within reasonable driving distance for many of you.

Please go to the Pinehurst Concours site to check out the agenda. There are 3 different opportunities for those of you who drive or bring your car.

1) Enter your very special Porsche in the judged concours event

2) Sign up to put your 356 on the non-judged fairway display next to the concours cars

3) Simply come and enjoy a fantastic car day followed by a concert with the classic Three Dog Night band!

I have reserved a block of rooms at a special rate at the Springhill Suites. Your first mission is to reserve one of those rooms. If enough sign up early, we may be able to get more rooms.

Don’t worry about tickets yet. There is going to be a special rate if you want to have your car in the Fairway display so I will provide more information regarding that option later.

Arrive on Friday May 1st and we will plan a get together for Friday evening. The entire day Saturday is full of activity from the Concours to the Concert. Sunday can be your travel home day.

If you would like to reserve a room call the Springhill Suites in Pinehurst (910-695-0234) and ask for the “Porsche 356 Registry” rate. (It’s $92 plus tax). Send me an email so that I can keep track of how many rooms are reserved and decide whether to request additional rooms. Let’s fill the entire hotel! Feel free to call me with any questions or clarifications
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/f ... ern-pines/

http://pinehurstconcours.com/

Steve Gaddy
sgaddy15@gmail.com
910-585-1515

Steve Gaddy
356 Fan

#13 Post by Steve Gaddy »

If you have an interest in the 356 gathering for the Pinehurst Concours please check the new thread on that topic "East Coast Holiday Lite". If you have any questions, feel free to give me a call.
Steve Gaddy, Pinehurst, NC

Warren Bender
356 Fan

Re: East Coast Holiday Lite Pinehurst

#14 Post by Warren Bender »

Reservations made, e-mailed you today
lets hope for good weather!!
Warren Bender

DonCichocki
356 Fan

Re: East Coast Holiday Lite Pinehurst

#15 Post by DonCichocki »

+1 reservations made.
Warren, anything will be better that what we've been getting up here!