2015 Southern Drive Your 356 Event - Helen, GA

For announcements of upcoming 356-related events and discussion of past events. NOTE: Contact lorischutz@porsche356registry.org to have events added to website calendar.
George Bryan
Registry Hall of Fame

2015 Southern Drive Your 356 Event - Helen, GA

#1 Post by George Bryan »

We are doing our mountain party in Helen, GA again for 2015. Four full-on days this time, September 17-20, with events you don’t want to miss. We can only accommodate 185 people total. Last time we sold out in three weeks. We expect it to go as fast this time also as the event has become more popular.

Registration is open today, February 1, and closes February 28, 2015.

Here is the link to our event website. http://www.356fog.com/so356dr.html Thanks to the Florida Owners Group for hosting our site again; and Janis Croft, FOG webmeister, for getting it all in place. A special thanks to all of our sponsors & friends who are doing so much to help us pull this off again.

Your hosts for 2015 are George Bryan, Curt Dansby, Leonard Scrantz, & Frank Hood. Be there or don't come,

Thanks,
George Bryan
Last edited by George Bryan on Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Phil Planck
356 Fan

Re: 2015 Southern Drive Your 356 Event - Helen, GA

#2 Post by Phil Planck »

Link does not work for me.
Phil Planck

George Bryan
Registry Hall of Fame

#3 Post by George Bryan »

Hi Phil, went back in and checked it and it seems to be working. Not sure what happened.

You do not have to be logged in to have it work. I tried both ways, logged in/out with no issue. Please try it again.

Thanks, George

Phil Planck
356 Fan

#4 Post by Phil Planck »

Thanks Greg. Donno. Works for me now. I even went to the home page and could find nothing of the event.
Phil Planck

George Bryan
Registry Hall of Fame

#5 Post by George Bryan »

Despite interrupted mail service for inclement weather and holidays the mail poured in and we sold out quickly.

We are holding ten applications over, in the order in which they arrived, for a standby list in the event there is a cancellation. We are however returning the checks you sent. If we get a cancellation the registrar will send you an email asking if you are still interested in attending. If you reply that you are we will ask you to submit payment at that time. If you still want to send in a registration form to get on the standby list, please do so, but do not include a check.

Our website is the only place we will be posting event information and updates.

Thanks for your interest in the event and a special thank you again to our generous sponsors.

George, Curt, Leonard, & Frank

Glen Hamner, Jr
356 Fan
Tag: '63 S/R project, '80 911SC, '11 Cayenne

#6 Post by Glen Hamner, Jr »

Hi George,

I just took note of your groups adventures and spent much enjoyable time reviewing back issues of the FOG.  Didn't know what I was missing when we were Florida residents, '72 - '83.  I took the liberty of making a copy of all of this years Georgia mountains event as a documentary of how to build a complete event summary.  What work, what passion, what a great job of sinking your hooks into any tub lover. 

I'll never be a imaginative of ambitious to field something like this adventure in the Texas hill country, but if I get wind of anyone contemplating such an event, having access to the tools used to build a successful gathering of the faithful is certainly part of the work. 

Thanks for putting it all out there for everyone to appreciate.  No one interested in building such a fine gathering needs to look any further for
the right level of data and planning with which to pull off such happenings. 

Congratulations on a fine program.  If I ever get our project back to the road, and I will some day, your gathering is one I intend participating in.
All the best with this years event. 

This was a personal note to George, at his request it is reposted here.

glen
Boerne, Texas

George Bryan
Registry Hall of Fame

#7 Post by George Bryan »

Thanks Glen. As we exchanged, this is a group effort from every event attendee, organizer, worker, & sponsor who share the credit for anything we put forth on the event. This year promises to be a lot of fun. See y'all this fall. George, Curt, Leonard, & Frank.

C J Murray
356 Fan

#8 Post by C J Murray »

George, you're a great guy but why do you hang out with Curt?

Love you guys! :wink: :P
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

George Bryan
Registry Hall of Fame

#9 Post by George Bryan »

Hi all, we have 93 356 cars this year including a 4 cam coupe and a plethora of speedsters, roadsters, and cabs of all years. Pre-A, over the top Outlaws & few early 911's also in the mix. Tip of the Hat to all coming who plan to really drive their cars like we do at our event. Now that we are getting closer, please check our website for updates and current information. It is the only place we will be posting current info, maps, and more. A lot of moving parts in between beer & food; rain or shine!

There are folks coming from 21 states including WA & CA & a couple of overseas guests. We look forward to seeing all of you at our low key, have fun with the people and cars mountain party for DY 356 Day. The standby list has been closed out. Thanks again to all of our sponsors and many friends who have helped to pull this off. Cliff we all liked your suspended avatar :D Was that a younger picture of you behind bars in PA?

http://www.356fog.com/so356dr.html

See ya soon,
George, Leonard, Curt, & Frank.

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan
Tag: Drive 'Em!

#10 Post by Mark Pribanic »

This was spotted today on its way to Helen.
Attachments
image.jpg
Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617
Florida Owners Group Trustee - 2008-2010
Neptune Beach, Florida USA
Instagram: Mark.Pribanic

George Bryan
Registry Hall of Fame

#11 Post by George Bryan »

Anyone who has pictures that you would like to contribute to our photo album, please load them directly to
https://so356dr.shutterfly.com/

Courtesy of Janis Croft, FOG
Janis Croft jlcfog@gmail.com

Cliff & others: here is a link of some pics of the winery: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_R ... tml#photos

Thanks, George, Curt, Leonard, & Frank