Concours Event Featuring Speedsters - Norwalk, CT - 7/27/14

For announcements of upcoming 356-related events and discussion of past events. NOTE: Contact lorischutz@porsche356registry.org to have events added to website calendar.
Richard Strahota
356 Fan

Concours Event Featuring Speedsters - Norwalk, CT - 7/27/14

#1 Post by Richard Strahota »

Please join us for the 41st annual CVR/PCA Concours to be held on July 27, 2014.
We are planning a special historic display of Speedsters this year to celebrate the 60th anniversary of this iconic model. Speedsters that pre-register will receive a special gift. Other 356 entrants will compete in one of two people's choice classes exclusive for the 356 (open and closed). All other Porsche models also welcome to participate in our other classes. Also a special class for "My Other Car", so feel free to bring whatever you car to show.
Please note the deadline for ordering optional lunches and for early registration rates.
Hope to see you there! More info here:

http://cvrpca.org/docs/2014CVRConcours.pdf

ds
Dick Strahota

Richard Strahota
356 Fan

Re: Concours Event Featuring Speedsters - Norwalk, CT - 7/27

#2 Post by Richard Strahota »

Just a reminder of the July 20 deadline for food orders and early registration. All are welcome. Spectators can come free, but obviously we hope you will display your car. We hope to see you July 27!
Ds
Dick Strahota

Richard Strahota
356 Fan

#3 Post by Richard Strahota »

All:
As of yesterday, we have two-dozen 356's registered. Owners coming from four different states (CT, NY, NY & MA). Most of these are Speedsters, but looks like we will also have an impressive showing of coupes.
Hope to see you there!
ds
Dick Strahota

James Davies
356Talk Moderator

#4 Post by James Davies »

Looks like a nice event. I'm looking forward to being a spectator.

Richard Strahota
356 Fan

#5 Post by Richard Strahota »

Jerry and I would like to thank all who attended our event, whether you brought your car or not.
We were very pleased with the turn-out from the 356 community. Despite threat of storms, we had approx 17 356 speedsters and 4 911 speedsters in the show. Plus about 10 356 coupes! And also a full range of other Porsches, although there were a few weather-related no-shows.
The speedsters ranged from two fresh, top-of-the-world restorations to a local example that was well beyond even the "barnfind" description (it was beautiful).
Three four-cam cars were also there (two of the three were speedsters).
Particpants came from 4 states - NJ, NY, CT, & MA...
Thank you, all. (too bad I forgot to take photos - if other have them hopefully they will post a few...)
ds
Dick Strahota

Tom Tate
356 Fan
Tag: Boston MA

#6 Post by Tom Tate »

Terrific job by Richard and Jerry and all the volunteers that assisted. They even got the weather to miss us for the most part. Two short showers gave us all a free carwash. We drove back to Boston and never saw a drop. You'll see the umbrella on my car that has it's top stored in the attic. Life is all about showing up and taking chances. Great ride, KTF
Attachments
photo 2.JPG
CVR.JPG

James Davies
356Talk Moderator

#7 Post by James Davies »

This was a really nice event. It was great seeing some very nice Speedsters. Congratulations to the organizers and participants. Here's a few photos I snapped.
Attachments
20140727_40d_1626f.jpg
20140727_40d_1620f.jpg
20140727_40d_1603f.jpg
20140727_40d_1587f.jpg