Antwerp - NY - Miami - Antwerp

For announcements of upcoming 356-related events and discussion of past events. NOTE: Contact lorischutz@porsche356registry.org to have events added to website calendar.
Bert Vandervelde
356 Fan

Antwerp - NY - Miami - Antwerp

#1 Post by Bert Vandervelde »

On October 9th, my wife and I will leave NY in our (belgian registered "ROA-356") 1960 roadster. We are participating in the "Tour Americal", which is a classic car event, where about 180 classics (not only porsches) will be shipped from Antwerp to New-York and driven all the way down to Miami then shipped back to Antwerp.
Hope the old girl does not let us down and maybe we cross some of you on those 2.600km in 10 days through your beautiful country!

You can see the route we will take at http://www.touramerical.com/index.php/en/

Looking forward to it!

Bert Vandervelde
356 Fan

Re: Antwerp - NY - Miami - Antwerp

#2 Post by Bert Vandervelde »

We made it! Almost 3000km and our little Roadster did fantastic. From the rain in NY to the heat in Miami. We discovered a beautiful part of the US and enjoyed every minute of it.
See the pictures and films on www.touramerical.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qACTHW19OQE
Last edited by Bert Vandervelde on Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

C J Murray
356 Fan

#3 Post by C J Murray »

Bert,
I am glad that you and your wife enjoyed your travels here. My wife and I have always been shown great courtesy by the local people when traveling in Europe and I am glad that you came away from America with smiles on your faces. It's great to travel in a 356. It's a great way to meet people. Every stop is an adventure. You make their day and they make your day. Congratulations!
Cliff

PS- come back for the ECH or WCH next year, please
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan
Tag: Drive 'Em!

#4 Post by Mark Pribanic »

Bummer I didn't see this before... I noticed you did the St. Johns River Ferry. You guys probably passed one block from my house, lol. Would've been fun to have taken some photo's or film of ya'll as you drove through Neptune Beach. Thanks for sharing the links of the event.

Mark
Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617
Florida Owners Group Trustee - 2008-2010
Neptune Beach, Florida USA
Instagram: Mark.Pribanic

Bert Vandervelde
356 Fan

#5 Post by Bert Vandervelde »

Just loaded this on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbRq0dKGbmQ
A little long but some nice images.

John Laettner
356 Fan

#6 Post by John Laettner »

Hi Bert, great post. Looks like a wonderful trip. As an aside, I am looking for the motor that was originally in my Convertible D,( 83777) . Do you still have it? Best Regards, John Laettner, Walnut Creek, Ca. 925/818-8838. jlaet@ comcast.net