Amelia Island Event

For announcements of upcoming 356-related events and discussion of past events. NOTE: Contact lorischutz@porsche356registry.org to have events added to website calendar.
Greg Bryan
356 Fan

Amelia Island Event

#1 Post by Greg Bryan »

Members
Ms. Katherine McFadden, Press Officer for RM Auctions, has provided a link for the catalogue of vehicles offered this year at the Amelia Island event, March 9 in Florida.

http://www.rmauctions.com/digitalcatalogs/2013/AM13/

There are over a hundred beautiful cars in the catalogue, but note the Porsches on pages 48, 68, 126 and 216.
Regards,
Greg Bryan
356Talk Moderator
Greg Bryan

Steve Hatfield
356 Fan

Re: Amelia Island Event

#2 Post by Steve Hatfield »

Greg,
Will there be an organized gathering of the Faithful?
Steve Hatfield
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Steve Hatfield
Fort Walton Beach, FL
'63 S90 Sunroof Coupe
'06 997S Coupe

Greg Bryan
356 Fan

#3 Post by Greg Bryan »

I don't know but I saw a post where Vic S is going - I'm sure he would know ...
Greg Bryan

Vic Skirmants
Registry Hall of Fame

#4 Post by Vic Skirmants »

We are at Sebring right now. I really don't know if there is some 356 event at Amelia.
We are having a get-together at our motorhome on March 6, to celebrate 50 years since buying my first 356. We will be in the Amelia Island industrial park, at the far end.

MarkWade
356 Fan

#5 Post by MarkWade »

Vic: Carol and I will be in on Thursday. I would like to get together with at some point. I have a lot of newbie questions. It's my hope to become more involved with the club over time. At your convince,if we can get together that would be great! Thanks Mark

Jerry Charlup
356 Fan

#6 Post by Jerry Charlup »

I'm fortunate to have my Carrera Speedster invited to participate in the Sunday concours. The car left yesterday with Tom Sunday. I'll be picking it up Thursday morning.

there is a sold out Porsche Driving experience on Friday. Sat Morning will have local car clubs on the Concours green so there may be other 356's there.

Stop by and see me on Sunday or if you see me in the area.

thanks
Jerry

Steve Hatfield
356 Fan

#7 Post by Steve Hatfield »

Jerry Charlup wrote:I'm fortunate to have my Carrera Speedster invited to participate in the Sunday concours. The car left yesterday with Tom Sunday. I'll be picking it up Thursday morning.

there is a sold out Porsche Driving experience on Friday. Sat Morning will have local car clubs on the Concours green so there may be other 356's there.

Stop by and see me on Sunday or if you see me in the area.

thanks
Jerry
Jerry,
Does this Registry qualify as a "local car club"? I'll be there with my newly completed S-90 B S/R coupe, but until I find out otherwise, I'll just be 'a face (and a classic car) in the crowd'.

Steve Hatfield
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Steve Hatfield
Fort Walton Beach, FL
'63 S90 Sunroof Coupe
'06 997S Coupe