356 Club Dana Point Concours July 15th, 2012

For announcements of upcoming 356-related events and discussion of past events. NOTE: Contact lorischutz@porsche356registry.org to have events added to website calendar.
Jeff Trask
356 Fan

356 Club Dana Point Concours July 15th, 2012

#1 Post by Jeff Trask »

It's upon us again. Join us for our annual celebration of the 356 in Lantern Bay Park in Dana Point, California. Here's how to enter:

http://356club.org/Flyers/DanaPoint2012.pdf

Or online at:

https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/ ... 25f7&oseq=

If being judged is not high on your priority list, then join your 356ers in support and come park on the lawn for $20. Lunch is available or bring a picnic and enjoy the day. Some new twists this year as our renewed relationship with the city of Dana Point has us really upping the event.

See you there!
Various Vintage Porsche's

Jeff Trask
356 Fan

Re: 356 Club Dana Point Concours July 15th, 2012

#2 Post by Jeff Trask »

The 356 Club of California would like to give a shout out to our sponsors:

Stoddard's, Hagerty Insurance, European Collectibles, Roads Scholars

Thanks to all for helping make the 26th edition of our club concours a success!

Sterling Vaden
356 Fan
Tag: Where is everybody going?

#3 Post by Sterling Vaden »

I'm going to be landing at San Diego airport about 10:30 am on Sunday. Anybody maybe swing by and give me a ride up to Dana Point for the car show?

Sterling
SV
356*D = 912
http://picasaweb.google.com/456311

Wil Mittelbach
356 Fan

#4 Post by Wil Mittelbach »

Jeff Trask wrote:It's upon us again. Join us for our annual celebration of the 356 in Lantern Bay Park in Dana Point, California.
If being judged is not high on your priority list, then join your 356ers in support and come park on the lawn for $20. Lunch is available or bring a picnic and enjoy the day. Some new twists this year as our renewed relationship with the city of Dana Point has us really upping the event.
See you there!
It's indeed a disappointment - and a loss - that the SoCal 356 Club's famed Dana Point Concours no longer has an unrestored class, as does the PCA UR-1 class for unrestored 356s.
Unrestored original survivors are of interest to many 356 enthusiasts to see at a concours.
Even with only a few unrestored entries, the regular inexpensive 356 Club class award plaque cost would be significantly less than the $85 Concours entry fee and its costs.

Don Rutherford
356 Fan

#5 Post by Don Rutherford »

Wil Mittelbach wrote: It's indeed a disappointment - and a loss - that the SoCal 356 Club's famed Dana Point Concours no longer has an unrestored class, as does the PCA UR-1 class for unrestored 356s.
Unrestored original survivors are of interest to many 356 enthusiasts to see at a concours.
Even with only a few unrestored entries, the regular inexpensive 356 Club class award plaque cost would be significantly less than the $85 Concours entry fee and its costs.
Wil, The only reason there is no unrestored class this year is because over the last few years there have been as few as no entrants in that class. You have already expressed your opinion to the organizers and they are reconsidering. This could be made easier if others who wished to enter the class would indicate their interest as well. As to following PCA Rules our Outlaw Class always draws some great cars and a lot of interest but as I understand it if we followed PCA rules there wouldn't be an Outlaw Class.
Don Rutherford

Jeff Trask
356 Fan

#6 Post by Jeff Trask »

Wil, as I told you at the PCA OCR Concours last week, If you enter and write in "unrestored" we won't turn you away.

Gary Carriveau
356 Fan

#7 Post by Gary Carriveau »

Hello Sterling,
I live in Vista, north of San Diego, and was thinking of going to the event.
I could possibly pick you up. What time do you have to be back for a return flight?

Gary
'64 C Coupe
Gary W. Carriveau
'64 C Coupe