Drie Staaten Gruppe Bull session and Family Picnic

For announcements of upcoming 356-related events and discussion of past events. NOTE: Contact lorischutz@porsche356registry.org to have events added to website calendar.
Stan Yarrish
356 Fan

Drie Staaten Gruppe Bull session and Family Picnic

#1 Post by Stan Yarrish »

To: pboettcher <pboettcher@cinci.rr.com>
Subject: Drei Staaten Gruppe Annual Bull Session, Family Picnic and MINI SWAP MEET. Sunday May 20th, Sharon Woods Park, Sharonville,OH THREE WEEKS TO GO!
Date: Tue, May 1, 2012 6:29 pm
Attachments: sw_map_(2).pdf (272K)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Gruppe!
HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!

Please be advised that we have scheduled the 2012 Bull Session and Family Picnic for Sunday May 20th in Sharon Woods Park located in Sharonville, Ohio.

This is the Sunday before Memorial Day weekend which has been the traditional date for this event. Many will remember the Bull Sessions held at the Parlin estate and our goal is to recreate the enjoyment and camaraderie that those events brought to the group in attendance.

We are going to include the mini swap meet again this year as well. Each year we are seeing more and more parts being offered. Please bring along your extra parts and treasures to share with the Gruppe. We will have a special area of the parking lot reserved for this. Tag your items with a price and your name which will allow you to wander the event and socialize as we usually do. A blanket to display your parts on will be a good idea as well.

Last year was great and let’s make this year even better with a good turnout.

The theme for the day is to relax and enjoy the company and friendship of other enthusiasts, their families, and the many features offered at Sharon Woods.

You don’t need to drive a 356 to attend this fun event. You are encouraged to gather up family and friends and come on out. We have over 80 members in the Gruppe now and our goal is to get every one we can to come out to meet each other, swap stories, and pass along 356 related information and simply enjoy the day.

Last year we had a wide variety of vehicles show up ranging from all models of Porsches to English cars to vintage motorcycles. All contributed to a great gathering.

We just want to see your smiling faces!

Let’s continue to develop this as our signature annual event and surpass our attendance at past events.

Sharon Woods Park is just off I 275 on the north side of Cincinnati on SR 42.

You can check out the Sharon Woods website at: http://www.hamiltoncountyparks.org/parks/sharon.htm for additional details on the park and the many attractions at this location.

You will take exit # 46 for SR 42 South off of I 275 and travel less than 1 mile. The park entrance is on the left.

Please note that we will be in the Lone Oak Meadow Pavilion which will be on the right following your entrance to the park and is the next area after Cardinal Crest where we have been in the past. This area has a nice wide open area for easy parking. There is an electronic sign that will help direct you once you have passed the gate house. See the attached map.

We have a large covered pavilion reserved that includes a private parking lot for our cars.

We are also calling this a Family Picnic. We will have our own sand volleyball court and horseshoe pits and will be located near the historic Sharon Village recreation which includes numerous buildings and artisans that can be viewed. There is a new visitor center and gift shop that is very impressive. The park also includes numerous playgrounds, a boat and paddle boat rental on the park’s lake, an excellent golf course as well as many hiking trails and overlooks.

This will be an all day event that will start at 10:30 am. The Drei Staaten Gruppe will supply a barbeque lunch at the pavilion and you are welcome (Not required) to bring a salad, covered dish or dessert to share.

Please let me know what you will bring and I will keep track so we don’t wind up with too many of the same items.

Also watch the website for updates on this event.

There is a $3 entry fee for the park for a daily pass which is an absolute bargain.

Thanks to the large covered pavilion this will be a rain or shine event.

This is a great way to start the driving season and get to know other DSG members and their families.

Please RSVP to me if you will be able to join us for this fun day. I will be recruiting volunteers to assist in setting up as well. We encourage you to bring your friends and families to enjoy the beauty of Sharon Woods. Let me know if you have any questions or ideas that will help make this a more memorable day and event for our Gruppe.

Please forward this email to other friends and family that may want to attend.

Keep me advised on any questions.

356 Regards,

Peter C. Boettcher
513) 777-7311
(513) 720-356C
pboettcher@cinci.rr.com
Stan J Yarrish