Finally: Three generator/fan belt styles for Pre-A

For Pre A discussions and questions
Paul Hatfield
356 Registry Member

Finally: Three generator/fan belt styles for Pre-A

#1 Post by Paul Hatfield »

Been working on this a while and most of you know for Pre-A belts are different between 2-piece engines case Pre-A and later 3-piece engine case Pre-A.
I have now completed a run of two different types of belts for the 2-piece engines.

For the 3-piece cases, I supply the same Continental belt as 356-A. Belt size for these is 9.5 x 825 LA
IMG_2214.jpg
IMG_2214.jpg (246 KiB) Viewed 1185 times
The very early cars did not have the name PORSCHE on the belt- they were only marked as Continental with the belt size. Probably a cost savings to the small startup company. Photo below. Belt size for 2-piece engines is 13 x 850.
IMG_2298 (4).JPG
IMG_2298 (4).JPG (461.2 KiB) Viewed 1198 times
Later, at a date unknown, the name PORSCHE was added to the belt for the Pre-A. The color background also changed to a brownish color. Artwork for this type belt is also developed, so the customer can choose which design he prefers on his 2-piece engine Pre-A. Again, 13 x 850
Pre-A Final.JPG
Pre-A Final.JPG (1.68 MiB) Viewed 1198 times
Note that the belts I supply are correct size and smooth, not cogged. Original belts were smooth, whereas most of the current supply houses have been selling cogged belts for these early cars.

These are all made from new belts, and good for tool kit or on the engine.
Paul Hatfield
"Miss April"
http://www.enginesinback.com

Victor Ingram
356 Fan

Re: Finally: Three generator/fan belt styles for Pre-A

#2 Post by Victor Ingram »

Excellent detail that will certainly make enthusiast take notice.
Nice Job Paul!