'55 Fuse Board, ID plate rivets and a bit on painters

For Pre A discussions and questions
Jim Karaba
356 Fan

Re: '55 Fuse Board, ID plate rivets and a bit on painters

#16 Post by Jim Karaba »

356/8 It was a 1300 normal. A plain jane car but I guess that makes it kind of rare for a 53 to have a 1300 normal. I see lots of 1500's but not many 1300's.
Attachments
356-22.jpg

James Davies
356Talk Moderator

#17 Post by James Davies »

Very cool Jim! Yes, very rare. I've only seen one other 1300 with the 356/8 designation. Nice confirmation of what these arcane numbers mean.

There was some wrong information published in the Registry magazine several years ago on what these model designations referred to, plus some wrong information from Porsche itself in some old documents, so I've been trying to dig up actual cars with actual chassis tags with actual model designations on them to sort it all out. =)

Vincent Gillespie
356 Fan

#18 Post by Vincent Gillespie »

Just thought it would be useful to know that I have just received the package with the fuse board Tom Coughlin directed me to on The Samba site and it is superb. The service from the supplier GR & Sons of Laguna beach was also simply superb.
Thanks Tom for pointing me in the right direction & George the supplier

V&S
V. Gillespie

Tom Kaiser
356 Fan

#19 Post by Tom Kaiser »

James Davies wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:08 pm Thanks Brad. Yes, if one looks at the 1955 parts book on pages 330-31, you'll see the offset fuse box pictured, with both the center and offset one listed with the chassis numbers listed for when the change happened. This seems to be consistent with cars existing today, but as you know, fuse boxes can be changed pretty easily.

Kirsten made the offset-nut fuse box as far as I know. Part number 4012.

David, i do not own the 55 part book , no hurry but can you provide me with the VIN cut from center to offset fuse box covers.

Thanks Tom