rear seat straps

For Pre A discussions and questions
Mark Todorovich
356 Fan
Tag: Drive em

rear seat straps

#1 Post by Mark Todorovich »

I don't have any trace of the rear seat straps. Can anyone post a picture and measure the dimensions for me. My interior guy can reproduce with more info. I'm sure this car will be in Cedar Rapids this summer.
thanks for the help as I continue to punch list details.
mark
Attachments
IMG_0919 (1).JPG
IMG_0838 (2).JPG
IMG_0836.JPG
Mark Todorovich 4243
52 Coupe
56 Speedster project now underway
63 Cab?

John Brooks
356 Fan

Re: rear seat straps

#2 Post by John Brooks »

Marc

Look at the firewall inside the engine compartment for the holes. The screws go through and have nuts with washers behind the fan under the sound deadening. You will need to go from the engine side and mark the back pad. Then go from the back of the rear upolstry panel to locate where to punch the leather.

Not too hard, just a pain
John Brooks

62 Roadster
66 912
84 Cab
getting pushed around in porsches since 1965

James Davies
356Talk Moderator

#3 Post by James Davies »

Are you looking for the chrome loops or the seat straps themselves? The chrome loops on '52 bent-window cars are the same as those used on 356A cars, and should be easy to find on the secondary market. As for the leather straps themselves, those were an option. There are lots of reproductions out there.

Mark Todorovich
356 Fan
Tag: Drive em

#4 Post by Mark Todorovich »

the picture above are my chrome loops and we see where they are placed. As i remember a leather strap comes off back of seat back to slide through those. I would like a picture to get the shape my guy likes to make things rather than buy repos. He's an artist.
mark
Mark Todorovich 4243
52 Coupe
56 Speedster project now underway
63 Cab?

Victor Ingram
356 Fan

#5 Post by Victor Ingram »

Mark I have a set of straps that I had fabricated they are very, very nice and mahogany in color. I went with black because I have a black set of luggage.
The mahogany would work well with your interior color. Let me know if you are interested.
thx
Victor

James Davies
356Talk Moderator

#6 Post by James Davies »

Mark, there were no straps attached to the folding seat back. The straps were luggage straps the went from the firewall down to the heel panel to hold luggage in place. They didn't come standard with every car; they were an option if you wanted in order to secure luggage. Luggage was also an option by 1955.