Authenticity IV availability

Vendor announcements of new 356 products, product changes, recalls, requests for product feedback, or changes to their business.
Dan Macdonald
356 Fan

Re: Authenticity IV availability

#46 Post by Dan Macdonald »

Hi Brett,
Outstanding new book. The color photos really are a huge bonus.
What's next???
Dan Macdonald 
'59 A Coupe (105327) 
'57 Speedster (82954) 
Registry #1921 (1982) 
DMAIA@aol.com
My YouTube Channel: Tinmeister 356

Brett Johnson
Registry Hall of Fame

#47 Post by Brett Johnson »

The Gallery -- worth a thousand words?
Last edited by Brett Johnson on Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brett Johnson

Brett Johnson
Registry Hall of Fame

#48 Post by Brett Johnson »

The Gallery -- worth 2000 words!
Attachments
Gallery.jpg
Gallery.jpg (216.93 KiB) Viewed 2825 times
Gallery1.jpg
Gallery1.jpg (192.73 KiB) Viewed 2825 times
Brett Johnson

Steve M Ross
356 Fan

#49 Post by Steve M Ross »

I received my copy of the book the other day and I just signed up for the Gallery feature that accompanies any purchase made on Brett's website. The Gallery alone is worth the price of admission. One can now look at any photo or illustration in the book in high resolution which is invaluable. This feature should be integrated into any reference book where details are important and need to be reviewed close up (no connection to Brett or his company; just a very satisfied customer. Thanks for the yacht, Brett!).
SM Ross

Brett Johnson
Registry Hall of Fame

#50 Post by Brett Johnson »

See Gallery photos in vendor section I posted earlier this afternoon.
Brett Johnson

Brett Johnson
Registry Hall of Fame

#51 Post by Brett Johnson »

Dan asked, "What's next?" The early 911 and 914 books are next. Both need updating, adding onto and colorizing. They also will have the Gallery feature. Please step forward if you can help with photos!

Also, due to the marvels of modern technology, I will be able to correct and do minor updates in Authenticity IV at every printing. There are several minor corrections that have been pointed out -- including the typo on the back cover and the missing column of Karmann coupes in the chassis number list. I hate the chassis number list... In other places the list is much more accurate than it was, though -- especially engine numbers.

If you have additional knowledge or data points for various changes described, I'm happy to include what I can or provide discussion in my column in the magazine.
Brett Johnson

Jules Dielen
356 Fan

#52 Post by Jules Dielen »

I may be able to help a little with your early 911 book :)

Authenticity IV looks fantastic!
Jules

Water pumps are for windshield washers only.

Richard Emerson
356 Fan

#53 Post by Richard Emerson »

I like it Brett!

Brett Johnson
Registry Hall of Fame

#54 Post by Brett Johnson »

Please forgive me posting this in multiple places, but not everyone reads all of the areas. If you want to reply, please use the Authenticity Forum or just email me at: 356drb@indy.net

I'd love to report that every change that was made by Porsche and/or the coach builders described in Authenticity IV is accurately reported, but it is only as good as the information available. I'm already aware of the omission of 1963 and later Karmann coupe chassis numbers on the chassis number list -- as an aside, I really hate the chassis number list, because it is too easy to have this type of issue and proofreading just makes people crazy...

I digress; if you are fortunate to have the soon-to-be-rare first printing of the book, you can treasure this error -- kinda like the upside down biplane stamp, because it will be corrected in the second printing in January 2020. Yes, thanks to the marvels of modern technology, at every printing, I'll be able to make (simple) corrections at no cost to me, so why not fix problems?

I've related elsewhere that during the final stages of preparation for the first printing, decisions have to be made about what to write when desired information has not been received. I try to make it correct, but vague. This was pointed out yesterday on a Bring-A-Trailer 356C where an authenticity discussion broke out about impressions in front latch plates. I only have data for this change on Karmann-bodied cars, so that is what is in the book. I'd love to have Reutter information, but I only get this from sources like you.

So, if you have information that makes what I have presented more accurate, I'm more than interested. If it doesn't make sense to me, then this and my column in the magazine are the appropriate place for discussion/debate.
Brett Johnson

Walter Leibenzeder
356 Fan

#55 Post by Walter Leibenzeder »

Brett,
Fantastic work!!!
Just ordered my book..
Thanks

Dan Seelig
356 Fan

#56 Post by Dan Seelig »

Brett,

Really looking forward to getting my books here in The Netherlands. When I fill out my order online I am unable to complete it as there is a message "Please contact us for a shipping quote". I've done this but so far no reply. I am trying to order 5 copies for myself and my friends. I was under the understanding that is was a flat rate of 37 USD to Europe. Please let me know how I can complete my order.

Thanks,
Dan

Brett Johnson
Registry Hall of Fame

#57 Post by Brett Johnson »

I'm sorry, but I did not receive your inquiries. The cost for one book to Europe is $37. Two books is $74. Three - six is $75. This is by USPS Priority Mail and takes 6-10 business days. If that is okay, you just need to enter the order and I'll put in the shipping cost at this end.
Brett Johnson

Dan Seelig
356 Fan

#58 Post by Dan Seelig »

Thanks for the help. Have now placed my order. Going to be a big help the work that lies ahead.!

Jim Stephenson
356 Fan

#59 Post by Jim Stephenson »

Brett I recently received the Authenticity IV book and it's outstanding ! The color pictures are great and the lay out and details are top notch !
I think all 356ers and Porsche restoration shops need this book in there library as a must have !
Thanks for all your hard work on this project !

Jim Stephenson

Paul Jorgensen
356 Fan

#60 Post by Paul Jorgensen »

I received my copy last week and I must agree... what a great book. To a novice like myself it will be invaluable.

Paul Jorgensen