Stoddard.com

Vendor announcements of new 356 products, product changes, recalls, requests for product feedback, or changes to their business.
Per Schroeder
356 Fan

Stoddard.com

#1 Post by Per Schroeder »

You might have noticed that there's been a few changes and issues with Stoddard.com. We migrated to the latest version of our e-commerce software and it was a bit more involved than a typical update--think more like disassembling a car while it's moving and rebuilding it without stopping or crashing. Anyway--we're back up and we are working on fixing a few "features" that cropped up. One of those features is a search function that doesn't like dashes for some reason. If you're looking for a specific part--type the part number in w/o any dashes. We're working on a new search option.

Anyway--the new site offers even higher security, larger images sizes and we are now responsive to screen sizing---that is, you can now navigate around with your phone.

I would have been a bit happier if it would have been a seamless transition, as it's delaying the launch of our Newsletter. The one where I get to promote our new 356 exhaust system: https://www.stoddard.com/nla-111-010-05-ss.html.html
Per Schroeder
Stoddard
LA Lit Meet Organizer

C J Murray
356 Fan

Re: Stoddard.com

#2 Post by C J Murray »

I feel your pain. I have been working all week to fix problems with my business website after my provider gave me a "free upgrade". Yikes! We will get through it. Best of luck.
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Per Schroeder
356 Fan

#3 Post by Per Schroeder »

Thank you and good luck to you as well. I'm happy that 25,000 skus made it into the 100s of categories relatively unscathed. We've learned a lot since we did the transition to this software set-up 5 years ago.
Per Schroeder
Stoddard
LA Lit Meet Organizer

Charles H Jacobus
356 Fan

#4 Post by Charles H Jacobus »

Just tried it. Looks nice and it works on my computer, unlike the old one.

Chuck
Current:
2012 Silver 991
1995 Midnight blue 993
1965 Red 356C

Past:
Fond memories of 14 others (including a '63 Normal and a 61 S90) :)

Spike Jones
356 Fan

#5 Post by Spike Jones »

Per
The data on the sport muffler states that it exits the bumper guard holes.

Is that true for a T2 "A" cab?
Spike Jones
'58 Cab

Per Schroeder
356 Fan

#6 Post by Per Schroeder »

SPIKE JONES wrote:Per
The data on the sport muffler states that it exits the bumper guard holes.

Is that true for a T2 "A" cab?
Yes, sure will. It'll go into the funnels.

There will also be a 'sport' tip option for 356 shortly, if you want it to exit below the bumper and look non-stock.
Per Schroeder
Stoddard
LA Lit Meet Organizer

Nanette Reid
356 Fan

#7 Post by Nanette Reid »

Looks good and works just fine on my Mac! And that exhaust looks mighty tempting as well . . . :D

I know you're still ironing out the "bugs" etc, and one thing I noticed was that when you select the area of interest (let's say transmission), it's fantastic that it shows all transmission areas. However, not being able to select from the other areas without going "back" every time would eventually become tiresome.

Any chance a shopper could just "hover" over the "category" heading and the drop-down menu expands again (or something similar)?

Of course, you guys may already have such designs and upgrades already in the pipeline - if so, apologies.

Per Schroeder
356 Fan

#8 Post by Per Schroeder »

Thank you, Nanette,

There's a category link "trail" below the main header---so if you click on "clutches.." from Transmission--you can select transmission and go back one step without having to redo the drop down. I think that's what you're interested in doing.

Search engine has been fixed...rather, we scrapped one search system and got a new one installed that allows for dashes in our part numbers.

Mobile sizing is being tweaked now.
Per Schroeder
Stoddard
LA Lit Meet Organizer