Some of us love Revs (with apologies)

Vendor announcements of new 356 products, product changes, recalls, requests for product feedback, or changes to their business.
Ron LaDow
356 Fan

Some of us love Revs (with apologies)

#1 Post by Ron LaDow »

The Auto Prime deliveries will be delayed for a couple of weeks.
The ‘two-week’ starting test did exactly as claimed; a very short crank time to fire up. But because the float bowls were not filled, it took some Fred Astaire (or Ginger Rogers) on the throttle pedal to keep it going.
Rev. 4 on one of the drawings increased the size and fiddled with the internal geometry for an additional 10cc of fuel capacity and supply, greatly improving the function. Two left feet will do well now.
Pre Mat’s rep is product excellence. I’m willing to take a hit for a couple of weeks’ delay in the delivery of a brand new part to maintain that rep. With as much certainty as possible, we plan on shipping the pre-orders the first week in April.
The price for the improved part is $151.65 which means we have a three-tier price for now to honor our commitments:
1) Those 5 who paid the introductory price at the Lit Meet get the improved part for what they have paid. Any of you may have your payment returned at your desire.
2) Those on the Waiting List will get the improved part for the advertised $145.65.
3) Those ordering from here on will be charged the new price.
Again, my apologies. That thing will go out as a Pre Mat product, and I want it to reflect the quality we’ve worked to establish. Your patience is appreciated.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

Re: Some of us love Revs (with apologies)

#2 Post by Ron LaDow »

Suppliers did as promised; all correct parts are now in hand.
Random samples of the Rev. 4 parts were assembled, fiddled-with, pressure-tested, and and given overall inspections today; working and looking good. The production pieces will match.
As promised, we are shipping this week to the orders in hand (including you guys who got the Lit Meet 'deal'). No reason we can't fill new orders as well.
Those of you who pre-paid at the Lit Meet or are on the waiting list and are not in the data base will be contacted early in the week to get shipping info and (billing info for the 'waiting list' orders).
Thank you for your patience. I'm very pleased with the end result, and I'm sure you guys will be also; the web site images will be updated the coming week to reflect Rev. 4.
Ooops! Here it is:
Rev 4 installed cropped.JPG
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

#3 Post by Ron LaDow »

Now in stock; shipments began today with you guys who bought at the Show Special price at the Lit Meet.
Thanks for your patience.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

Conrad Carter
356 Fan
Tag: Let's be careful out there!

#4 Post by Conrad Carter »

I feel like I walked into middle of a movie. What is this product?
Conrad

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

#5 Post by Ron LaDow »

Conrad Carter wrote:I feel like I walked into middle of a movie. What is this product?
Conrad
Ya know, I think you're on to something here!
Here's a link to the web page: http://www.precisionmatters.biz/auto-pr ... er-kit.php
It's a fully automatic carb primer which requires no modification to your car. It fills as you drive the car, and simply holding the throttle pedal down pours some 40ccs into both carbs for easy starting after the carbs have dried out.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz