GENTLEMEN, START YOUR ENGINES!

For vendors to announce new 356 products, changes to existing products, recalls, request product feedback, other changes to their business.
Mike Grant
356 Fan

Re: GENTLEMEN, START YOUR ENGINES!

#16 Post by Mike Grant » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:27 pm

I just installed one on my SC last weekend. Working in that space between the front of the fan housing and the firewall is a little tedious, but overall the install is very simple. I had to shorten the factory hard fuel line on the passenger side by 1.5" to get the right fit, and this is called out as a possible requirement in the instructions. It's pretty easy to gauge how much, if any, the fuel line(s) need to be shortened. The instructions are clearly written and include some helpful, high-quality photos. Also, Ron provides prompt and concise responses if any help is needed.

I can't provide a functional review until the car sits for a week or two. When the car sits for a few weeks, I have to pump the accelator many times and the engine will start and die 2 or 3 times before stable running. I'll be able to quickly tell if this improves the cold start, and I expect that it will.

EricMcKinley
356 Fan

Re: GENTLEMEN, START YOUR ENGINES!

#17 Post by EricMcKinley » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:23 pm

Mike,

Purchased one from Ron last week, its going to be a few weeks though before I get it on the engine.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it.