Reproduction of Extremely Rare Roadster Maintenance Manual

Vendor announcements of new 356 products, product changes, recalls, requests for product feedback, or changes to their business.
Peter Silten
356 Fan

Reproduction of Extremely Rare Roadster Maintenance Manual

#1 Post by Peter Silten »

In the course of my search for the Roadster convertible top booklets, I came across another booklet published by Drauz. It is undated, but I believe that it was first issued in late 59 when the first Roadsters were manufactured. The booklet is in English and 16 pages in length. It contains all sorts of helpful and recommended tips for the maintenance of the car’s interior and exterior (top and body) as well as a guarantee “for faultless material and workmanship of the body.” I have been told that the booklet was also issued in German, which makes sense as it lists the names and addresses of Porsche agencies in Germany authorized to do major repair work (any work over 20 Deutche Marks!) and places in Germany from which to order spare parts. I have discovered through my research that this booklet is as rare as hen’s teeth. Charlie White notes on his website that one sold on eBay in 2005 for the princely sum of $685. I was lucky to find someone willing to loan me his original (it came with his father’s Roadster which was purchased in late 1959 and has been in the family ever since), and I decided to reproduce that booklet as well. As was pointed out to me by the person who loaned me his copy, the cars on the booklet’s cover are Ds. My computer artist and printer did an excellent job reproducing this very rare booklet. Getting the cover right was a real challenge. We used a single coated heavy stock just like the original and matched the tone and weight of the inside pages. After the booklets were printed and collated, but not stapled, I inserted each of the staples individually by hand making holes with a needle in order to place them in the same location as the staples found on the original. I am very pleased with the result. If you would like to purchase a copy, please let me know. Copies are limited. The cost is $65, which includes shipping and tracking inside the USA. For shipping to Europe, the total cost is $70. Thanks. Please feel free to contact me directly at prs356@comcast.net. I will have a table at the Lit Meet and will be selling copies there as well.
Attachments
Maintenance Manual 1.jpg
Maintenance Manual.2.jpg