Holiday Special on 6 Volt SMD Headlights

Vendor announcements of new 356 products, product changes, recalls, requests for product feedback, or changes to their business.
Jeffrey Fellman
356 Fan

Holiday Special on 6 Volt SMD Headlights

#1 Post by Jeffrey Fellman »

I want to thank the List members who have taken the time to post such great detailed articles about my new SMD Headlights. A lot of you guys have ordered multiple sets and I thought I would go ahead and do a special offer for the Holidays to the List as a whole. For a limited time I will sell two sets for $250 each set of two with free shipping. I am batting 1000 with zero returns but still offering a 30 day trial. If you are not astonished with the brightness and the effect on your charging system and running voltage just return, no questions asked. Call me if you have any questions, Jeffrey Fellman

Jim Nelson
356 Fan

Re: Holiday Special on 6 Volt SMD Headlights

#2 Post by Jim Nelson »

I'll take you up on that if they are still available.

Paul Ahnell
356 Fan
Tag: What?

#3 Post by Paul Ahnell »

I ordered a pair of Jeffery's headlights and his directional/brake light kit. Came home from a trip to find them on the porch. Speedy Delivery. Haven't had a chance to install everything yet but I did pop in one of the front blinker "bulbs" just for kicks. Good grief! It was like looking at an arc welder without a shield. Ten thumbs up.
Paul Ahnell
'60 Normal Coupe

Randy Kaplin
356 Fan

#4 Post by Randy Kaplin »

I will take a set if they are still available.

Randy

David Butcher
356 Fan

#5 Post by David Butcher »

Just installed a set of the subject headlites in my '58 Cab (still 6v), equipped with a VDO after-market volt meter (that I have checked the accuracy of with a new digital meter). Imagine, cruising down the road at 3k RPM, really seeing where you are going, AND putting 7+ volts into the battery!!

Dave Butcher

Jeffrey Fellman
356 Fan

#6 Post by Jeffrey Fellman »

anyone who wants to order should call me at 941 321 9389, Jeffrey

Mark Roth
356Talk Moderator

#7 Post by Mark Roth »

Do the lights blind oncoming drivers?
Mark Roth
65 C Cab (Black/black)

Jeffrey Fellman
356 Fan

#8 Post by Jeffrey Fellman »

absolutely!, if you put them on high beam. just like a real car. They are brighter than hell just like modern cars but dip perfectly on low beam so no problems. Just like diving a modern car.

Harold Singh
356 Fan
Tag: Cooling with air

#9 Post by Harold Singh »

PaulAhnell wrote:I ordered a pair of Jeffery's headlights and his directional/brake light kit. Came home from a trip to find them on the porch. Speedy Delivery. Haven't had a chance to install everything yet but I did pop in one of the front blinker "bulbs" just for kicks. Good grief! It was like looking at an arc welder without a shield. Ten thumbs up.

Wow Paul! They were already installed on your 'Porsch' ?

Just kidding! I really like my lights and I posted a detailed review if anyone needs more info, just search on my user name. I decided to get some after I had to take my 993 to a PCA dinner due to the time change and it getting dark out. I had gotten tired of not driving the 356 at night time and rushing home at dusk. I feel much safer with these lamps! I run them at the first bit of dusk outside.

Thanks,
Harold
Harold
In the garage:
1964 356C Irish Green
1995 993 GP White

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#10 Post by Adam Wright »

I had these put on my car and WOW! They are bright. A great product.

My only criticism is the sales approach.
When I heard all the good reviews of these lights I thought while my car was in for service at my local shop I would have them order a pair of these for my car. The shop had not heard of them but I sung the praises from the feedback I got here on the forum. They called Jeffrey and he told them they had to order 5 pairs. They said no, they only needed the one pair because the customer had asked for the lights, after much back and forth he relented. We then waited 3-4 weeks before delivery.

So great product, a little fumbled on the sales side of things.
Attachments
SMDlights.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Jeffrey Fellman
356 Fan

#11 Post by Jeffrey Fellman »

Adam, I am very frustrated with unsubstantiated third party anecdotes. I merely pointed out that one pair was at the already reduced price of $279 with free shipping as opposed to the regular price of $295 but that they could have five pairs at a reduced price and ten pairs at an even further reduction. They mulled it over a day or two, then we played phone tag and when they ordered we were in the process of assembling another batch. We do the assembly here in the USA. We never refused to sell a pair at any time or ever "pressure" them to buy any given number. Where did you get this information? Refused to sell to them at anytime, in any manner? Pure rubbish. Waited weeks plural to relent? again pure rubbish. were you in fact party to any of these conversations? Lets poll the Listers, I am guilty of many human frailties. Can anyone on the list form a mental picture of me refusing to take money from someone? Please delve into this a little more closely and print your findings. How many Listers have I sent the lights to without payment saying just send me a check if you like them, otherwise just return? Really this is too much. If you have had a problem with me, fair enough, why post this third party rubbish. Jeffrey [ monitors, please note I said "rubbish" not another word with "S" and "H". The kinder, gentler Jeffrey]

Jeffrey Fellman
356 Fan

#12 Post by Jeffrey Fellman »

Adam, on the other hand, thanks for the photo and the actual impression of the product. I hope you enjoy them. we are on the level with the 30 day trial. if anyone purchases, you are free to use for a full month, If you are not completely happy just return, Jeffrey

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#13 Post by Adam Wright »

Jeffrey Fellman wrote:Adam, I am very frustrated with unsubstantiated third party anecdotes. I merely pointed out that one pair was at the already reduced price of $279 with free shipping as opposed to the regular price of $295 but that they could have five pairs at a reduced price and ten pairs at an even further reduction. They mulled it over a day or two, then we played phone tag and when they ordered we were in the process of assembling another batch. We do the assembly here in the USA. We never refused to sell a pair at any time or ever "pressure" them to buy any given number. Where did you get this information? Refused to sell to them at anytime, in any manner? Pure rubbish. Waited weeks plural to relent? again pure rubbish. were you in fact party to any of these conversations? Lets poll the Listers, I am guilty of many human frailties. Can anyone on the list form a mental picture of me refusing to take money from someone? Please delve into this a little more closely and print your findings. How many Listers have I sent the lights to without payment saying just send me a check if you like them, otherwise just return? Really this is too much. If you have had a problem with me, fair enough, why post this third party rubbish. Jeffrey [ monitors, please note I said "rubbish" not another word with "S" and "H". The kinder, gentler Jeffrey]
Jeffrey, let's not be coy here, you are hard to deal with, always have been, in fact that's why I had the shop working on my car order the lights direct, rather than order them myself. The last time I tried to buy something from you, a steering wheel, the price became a moving target, and I gave up, and I'm not the only one. I have several emails this morning from people also complaining about dealings with you, to let me know that no, I'm not alone. None of them complained about your most recent product, so you may in fact made everyone happy on this product, but the Jeffrey Fellman we have all dealt with over the years can't re-invent himself on the new product, your past will always find you.
Like I said, great product but the Fellman sales approach is and always has been a little lacking.
Glad I could help with the picture, like I said, the product is very impressive. A buddy came to have lunch with me at the shop today, I showed him the pic and he said he is ordering a pair tonight.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Martin Benade
356 Fan

#14 Post by Martin Benade »

"S" and "H"? Do we have to bring Steve Heinrich's name into this discussion?
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna

Greg Bryan
356 Fan

#15 Post by Greg Bryan »

Boys, boys! If you're going to start making personal jabs at each other, please take it off line.
Both of you gentlemen are trustworthy and have many satisfied customers.
Let this be an end to it or I'll use my immense powers as moderator to squash you like bugs.
Greg Bryan