Items for sale at the Helen event in Georgia

Vendor announcements of new 356 products, product changes, recalls, requests for product feedback, or changes to their business.
Jim Karaba
356 Fan

Items for sale at the Helen event in Georgia

#1 Post by Jim Karaba »

I am posting this for those going to the 2015 Southern Drive your 356 event in Helen, Georgia. Leonard Scrantz will be there selling some items that he and I have been working on lately.
The first item is a badge bar for T5 and T6 cars. These used to be available but have not seen any in awhile so we made a small run of them out of polished aluminum and have 2 left for sale. They are 1 inch diameter tubes so I suggest using 1 inch rubber coated straps to mount the badges. $195.00 each
The second item is a quick use top cover for speedsters. This cover quickly goes on over the top for overnight storage to prevent dew, rain or dust from getting in the car. The top should be up to help "stretch" out the cover, but the side curtains don't need to be in place. I suppose it could be used with the top down as well but would probably fit pretty loose. Leonard will have one completed top there on display (he may even be persuaded to sell it) and will take orders from those interested, as these will be made on an as needed basis. Also $195.00 each
The third item is side windows for a speedster. The side curtains on a speedster are very hard to see out of and not too convenient. After Leonard saw the ones sold by Fibersteel (not even sure if he makes them anymore) he liked the concept, but not the 1800.00 dollar price. He asked if I could come up with something similar. We had some old Austin Healey side curtains that were similar but much bigger so I thought I could modify them. This is our version with half original Healey side curtains and half new aluminum and windows. They seal up better with less wind buffeting and have a much larger viewing area with no distortion like the original side screens. But the big bonus is the sliding window makes them more convenient and practical. We only have 2 sets for sale because they are very time consuming to produce but I may make 2 more in the future if I can find time(I have 2 more old pairs of Healey side curtains in stock). But don't wait on those two to be finished because I may not find free time to build them, so if you are interested in a set, see Leonard soon because these may be the only 2 sets you see again. They are offered at $995.00.
And lastly Leonard will also have my jack assemblies and pucks there for sale. They are $100.00 for a complete setup and $10.00 each per puck if you already have a jack or want an extra puck. He will also have with him a jack set up that is a setup i have that was missing the factory jack handle so I made a handle up to work with it as a replacement. I am offering this jack set for just $85.00.
Attachments
DSC00013.JPG
DSC00014.JPG
DSC00015.JPG
DSC00018.JPG
$85.00 jack setup
$85.00 jack setup

Jim Karaba
356 Fan

Re: Items for sale at the Helen event in Georgia

#2 Post by Jim Karaba »

Now some pics of the badge bars and the quick top cover.
Attachments
badges.jpg
bar.jpg
badge bar.jpg
DSC00024.JPG
DSC00026.JPG
DSC00029.JPG
DSC00027.JPG

Jim Karaba
356 Fan

#3 Post by Jim Karaba »

And for those not familiar with the jacks and pucks, heres the link
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=33619
Attachments
2013-12-10 001.JPG
2013-06-12 june 2013 c 008.JPG

Richard Zarbo
356 Fan

#4 Post by Richard Zarbo »

Jim,
Can you clarify if the speedster top is still available, if it is fully water resistant and whether it could be made to fit the roadster profile top.
Thanks for the reply,
Richard
61 D'Ieteren Roadster, 71 911, 95 993 Cabrio, 98 993 C2S, 21 Macan S

Jim Karaba
356 Fan

#5 Post by Jim Karaba »

Richard,
I believe we still have one left. Not sure if it would fit the roadster top as I only fitted it to the speedster. The reason for wanting one on a speedster is they leak horribly and putting a complete car cover on is time consuming and they don't stay in place. All the other cars at least have roll up windows. Not sure how much taller the roadster windshield is than the speedster. I could see if I have a top with no tenax snaps installed and you could try it. They are pretty water resistant. With enough constant water exposure you could get water seeping through the sewn seams.
Jim

Richard Zarbo
356 Fan

#6 Post by Richard Zarbo »

Jim,
I think the windscreen is a tad taller but the roadster top looks lower to me. That's a guess based on photos. I would need the tenax fasteners at the rear to keep it down though. I would like to try it. If it doesnt fit I will reimburse you for the shipping to me. Can we flip over to email- hawk914 at comcast dot net
Thanks much.
-Richard
61 D'Ieteren Roadster, 71 911, 95 993 Cabrio, 98 993 C2S, 21 Macan S

Jim Karaba
356 Fan

#7 Post by Jim Karaba »

Richard
Email sent