How good are these SMD headlights?

Vendor announcements of new 356 products, product changes, recalls, requests for product feedback, or changes to their business.
Randy Mittelstet
356 Fan

How good are these SMD headlights?

#1 Post by Randy Mittelstet »

I am considering buying these lights for my 356. I would like to hear from owners who have installed them in their cars what they think of them. Also if anyone has wired them to act as daytime running lights... how do you recommend doing it?
Thank you.
Randy Mittelstet
Denver
1960 early Roadster

David Maxwell
356 Fan

Re: How good are these SMD headlights?

#2 Post by David Maxwell »

Hi Randy,

I have them installed, but the car is currently in the shop getting some other work done, so I can't give an in-depth review at the moment. I did LEDs all around (SMD headlights, CU Layer tail lights, Lereyn third brake light, all LEDs interior lighting) and will do a write up as soon as I've gathered enough data. I can say that the initial impression is very good for both the SMD headlights and the CU Layer tail lights. The headlights are very bright, as are the CU Layer tail lights (James is a really nice guy and very helpful). While light intensity was one reason I did the upgrades, the other was the low amperage draw - a real advantage on 6 volt cars. If you drive your car as regularly as I do (it's my daily driver, and aside from my motorbike, my only form of transportation), lighting upgrades are an absolute must.