BIG BORE FOR EARLY HEADS

Vendor announcements of new 356 products, product changes, recalls, requests for product feedback, or changes to their business.
Jacques Lefriant
356 Fan

BIG BORE FOR EARLY HEADS

#1 Post by Jacques Lefriant »

Hi All
coming to vendors in the near future 86mm P+Cs for early heads you don't have to use the big shim you then don't have to use longer pushrods etc. side by side comparison. This will be an AA product in the near future.
j
Attachments
DSC_0039.JPG
DSC_0038.JPG

C J Murray
356 Fan

Re: BIG BORE FOR EARLY HEADS

#2 Post by C J Murray »

Very good! That is much better for the A or B owner on a budget or who is not revving past stock rpm. 30* pistons with 22* heads perform poorly. 22 with 22 will be MUCH better.
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Pascal Zundel
356 Fan

#3 Post by Pascal Zundel »

Exactly what I am looking for.
From what supplier? European sourcing? Woessner?
Any idea of the retail price?
Looking forward to knowing more.
Best as always,
Pascal

Jacques Lefriant
356 Fan

#4 Post by Jacques Lefriant »

Salut Pascal
You should be able to get them from Joma or one of Eleven Parts distributors early next year. The pictures were prototypes that we are in process of checking. the pricing should be slightly higher than the the other 86mm big bore set. I have no control over it. Ask your favorite parts provider to stock them for you.
Joyeux Noel et Bonne Annee
j

Pascal Zundel
356 Fan

#5 Post by Pascal Zundel »

Merci Jacques !
Joyeux Noël.

It's finally getting cold here after an exceptionally warm year. It's Sunday evening and I realized a couple of hours ago that I had forgotten my laptop at the office while I needed it to go to Switzerland tomorrow. My 16-year old son offered to go pick it up with me under the condition that we drive the 356.
And we did. It started and ran perfectly. We went to Place de l'Etoile and the Champs Elysées all lit with Christmas decorations. These are precious moments!