Re: Still some Forum issues - Post all Website issues here

Vendor announcements of new 356 products, product changes, recalls, requests for product feedback, or changes to their business.
Curt Dansby
356 Fan

#1 Post by Curt Dansby »

Sorry Guys

I have not been following this thread. I have explained this previously but here it is again:

When you look in your "My Classifieds" if it shows "[edit] [close]" The ad is active and up on the board. If it shows "[edit] [renew]" then the ad is inactive and is seen only in your My Classifieds. Which should mean you have closed the ad yourself.

You cannot renew an ad until you get the e-mail prompt. I cannot remember from my last test but I think you need to be logged in and then click on the link. If you try it when you are not logged in you can go back and do it again after you are logged in.

Phil The ads you see are that have older dates are renewals. You can look at the listed date and for the most part subtract in multiples of two to determine when the ad was originally posted. Renewed ads now return to the top of the list as with the old site. On the old site the ads appeared as new due to the date, now you can tell if it is an "older" ad if the date is not current.

Curt

Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

#2 Post by Jim Liberty »

Greg, I have not said "Thank You" in too long. So "THANK YOU". ................... Jim.
Jim Liberty

Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

#3 Post by Jim Liberty »

You too Curt. You two are the BEST !!! See you at the Holidays. .............. Jim.
Jim Liberty

Tom Scott
356 Fan

#4 Post by Tom Scott »

Why is it necessary to sign in almost everytime I log on? I would think that the system could recognize my email address.

Also, there is some type overlay problem in the classified section, a gray bar runs through the some of the photos.

Thanks for your efforts and please, do don't update the site ever again.

T :D om Scott

Wil Mittelbach
356 Fan

#5 Post by Wil Mittelbach »

Tom Scott wrote:Why is it necessary to sign in almost everytime I log on? I would think that the system could recognize my email address.
T :D om Scott
Per Tom, I also have to repeatedly log-in each visit, when posting forum replies (per this one) and when visiting other Registry sites. The "auto log-on" appears to be non-functional. This has become a real "pita" which was never a problem in our prior site.