CPR Classic Restoration Looking for a Parts Professional

Vendor announcements of new 356 products, product changes, recalls, requests for product feedback, or changes to their business.
Stephen Culver
356 Fan

CPR Classic Restoration Looking for a Parts Professional

#1 Post by Stephen Culver »

This seemed like the best place to put this, as it's technically a change in our company.

We're expanding to the point that we need to move me out of my parts role and I need someone to fill my shoes; these are exciting changes that I think will positively impact both the company and our customers. Considering that everyone here is at least partially involved in the Porsche world, I figured it would be intelligent to try to hire a member of the community to take a little work off my shoulders when it comes to training.

Location: Fallbrook, CA, convenient to the 15 and 5 freeways.

Company Info: We restore air-cooled Porsches.

Seeking parts professional to assist in locating and purchasing parts as well as keeping track of inventory and constantly updating management as to pricing changes, parts availability, et cetera. Knowledge of cars in general is a must, knowledge of Porsche 356s and 911s/912s is a plus. Knowledge of parts systems is NOT required but you must be detail-oriented and a quick learner. This is a job which rewards intelligence and a willingness to perform detailed searches for parts which may or may not exist. Customer service skills will be required, as you will be answering the phones when the front office cannot. You will be using Excel for spreadsheets and Mitchell 1 Teamworks inventory management software- unless you bring your own favorite software with you and I like it.

40 hours a week. 8-5, Monday through Friday. Pay depends on experience and other factors. Vacations and other perks are to be discussed in person. Most major holidays off. It's a great place to work if you like to work with enthusiasts and enjoy sarcasm and (occasionally) bad jokes.

We are looking to hire someone immediately. Please send us your resume including pay history and what you're looking for. When you reply to this, please keep in mind that you’re replying to the guy who’ll be teaching you. My e-mail is my first initial followed by my last name at cprclassic.com.

Qualities I’m Looking For

• Intelligence: I don’t care about your schooling or your grades, I care whether or not you have something between your ears. I like intelligent conversation. I also like people with analytical minds.

• Team Player: you’ll be working with another parts manager as well as several teams of technicians and craftsmen; you need to get along with them.

• Good phone skills: you’ll be calling people out of the blue to get them to sell you parts and you’ll be answering the phone when our parts manager cannot. Friendly and intelligible are the key words on the phone; a lot of our clients and customers are from overseas and English is a second language for them.

• Good organizational skills: this doesn’t mean you have to be OCD, just have an idea of how you’re going to organize and know how to implement it.

• Detail-oriented: if you can identify different brands of headlights by the lens design, you’re speaking my language.

• Proficiency in Excel and Word: if you know how to create and use spreadsheets and make a semi-professional-looking Word document, I’ll be happy.

• Energetic and enthusiastic: I drink a lot of coffee. Keep up. I also love restoring these cars and want to do it as well as anyone else. If you know of the Zen idea of the beginner's mind, then that's what I'm looking for- someone who can approach projects and problems without preconceptions.

• Reliable transportation: it doesn’t have to look good, it doesn’t even have to run well, it just has to get you here and back every day. If it's a beige Camry with a four-cylinder and an automatic, get a real car first. Kidding. Kinda.

Responsibilities

• Updating current inventory status

• Creating and maintaining parts lists to help techs do their job with minimal downtime

• Helping the company grow and prosper while remaining as proactive as possible

• Learning parts/car interrelation to help reduce time spent trying to understand the techs

• Learning what quality of parts we expect and how to find lemons

• Handling of most sublets and reporting on quality and usage of those sublets

• Selling parts on eBay (very small percentage of your total time)

• Inventorying entire cars after disassembly

We are an equal opportunity employer.

Mods/Admins- Please let me know if I have overstepped any boundaries by creating this thread. If I have, please let me know via e-mail ASAP.

Martin Benade
356 Fan

Re: CPR Classic Restoration Looking for a Parts Professional

#2 Post by Martin Benade »

That beige Camry is one of the most likely cars to get a candidate to work every day- let them keep it. They wont even come in late because they were having so much fun that they too the long way. :P
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna

Jacques Lefriant
356 Fan

#3 Post by Jacques Lefriant »

Just send a truck here once a week and i will fill your orders mostly from stock.
jacques
Scott's
705 Civic Center Dr
National City, Ca.

Stephen Culver
356 Fan

#4 Post by Stephen Culver »

Jacques Lefriant wrote:Just send a truck here once a week and i will fill your orders mostly from stock.
I'll make a list and send it your way. We have a couple drivers who are often down at Tony's, and you're not too far away.

Jacques Lefriant
356 Fan

#5 Post by Jacques Lefriant »

great